Vet Visit For Maya

noella5088

Juvie Member
Today was Maya's follow up. The tags did not fall off or drop off like I had hoped they would. So, the vet went ahead and took off the two major growths. He wants to run a biopsy on both of them to see what they are. He also informed me that he is losing muscle tone in his back legs.
I need some advice. He wants me to put him back on Critical care, to help him regain muscle tone.
I hand fed him dandelion greens, multivitamin, and calcium powder with water.

The biopsy alone is $170. The visit is $39.00 and the removal was $48.00. I forgot my money at home and so I'll be returning the next day to pay.

I feel like I'm struggling to do everything right by him. He is staring at me right now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I also answered your PM, too.
You are doing terrific, I know that he appreciates all
of your efforts. Let us know what the biopsy results
determine once you learn the results.

Tracie

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello,

I also answered your PM, too.
You are doing terrific, I know that he appreciates all
of your efforts. Let us know what the biopsy results
determine once you learn the results.

Tracie
Thank you. I have to buy some Reptaboost today. I will let everyone know. It'll take a few days because they send it off to a lab at the UGA.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I managed to get some critical care carnivore from the vet. Wish me luck because he didn't like it the last time. He would shake his head and then spit it out. He needs it. Today, I'll make some of it and give it to him.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It is a great product I hope you can get him to eat it.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's a good thing 🙂
Yes, but to prevent him from 'injuring himself' I had to modify his whole entire basking spot with soft blankets and a small toy bear. I don't want him to hurt himself when he climbs up and then face plants on the bottom of the tank. I also have to find a way to keep him from nose planting head first in his soft materials.
Any suggestions for a low basking spot, I'm open to suggestions.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom