Vet prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

owtoty

Hatchling Member
Does anyone know how much it costs to get a bearded dragon's nails trimmed at the vet? I don't want to do it myself because I'm afraid I will hurt him. Also, how much does the vet cost just for a check up? Do you need to register your pet? Sorry I've never been to a vet before and don't know how it works.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I think I've heard people say a vet charging around $8-$12 for a nail clipping? Honestly it is really easy to do yourself though. Just get a pair of regular people finger nail clippers and clip off up to where the black claw part and white nail part meet. It should not hurt them at all. If you have a really squirmy beardie, just do it after they fall asleep for the night. All 3 of mine will sit calmly for me while I do theirs.

For a check-up at the vet, a check up can run probably $50-$80 depending on the vet. Since they are exotics it's generally more expensive. I have 2 around my area and one charges $70 while the other I think charges $56.

Hope that helps!

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Like Jen said, prices vary by vet. :) The ones near me are anywhere from $45 to $72 just for an exam, and fecals are an additional $27 to $42. A nail trim only is $20 at one of the vets by me, but I'm not sure about any of the other ones nearby (I forgot to ask about nails when I called the vets in my area for pricing).
Some exotic vets might trim nails for free if you're already going to be there paying for an exam, but you'd have to check to see which ones do that. The receptionists at vet offices usually know these things though, so you can just call and get pricing info without having to wait to talk to the vet! :)

jducky18

Hatchling Member
I only have one exotic vet in my area and he charges $80 per visit. My first ever trip to the vet is today, so I'm actually kind of excited to see how it goes. But I didn't check what the prices for a fecal test are, so I'll definitely have to look into that.

EDIT: I found out it's 80 for a check-up, and 50 for a fecal.

owtoty

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay thanks everyone. I guess I'm not going to the vet because my mom and dad don't have a job so I would have to pay for that myself (the check up). :( But I think i'll just trim his nails myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom