Vet gone until Tuesday, Beardie unwell, help, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbeardiemom

3 1/2 year old beardie no health probs, ever, until last Tuesday. She finished a shed and when done, there was a small blackish area on the top left of her head. Soaked her, no change. Called reptile vet on Wednesday. No appts. avail until this coming Tuesday because of holiday weekend. Made appt for 9:30 am. this Tuesday. Beardie developed more darkening of skin along left side of body on Wednesday. I thought she might have sunburned herself. Raised the mercury vapor bulb height in her 40 gallon setup that has vinyl tile bottom. Thursday and Fri. more skin darkening. Today it is on both sides of her head and now the tops of her eyes look slightly crusty. She has been eating but not sure if she ate today or not. Based on photos I've been looking at, it could be fungus. However, it is progressing so fast I don't know what to do until Tuesday morning when we see the vet. Afraid to do nothing, afraid to do the wrong thing and screw up the vet's diagnosis. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Should I post photos? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom