Vet Costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I am glad where you got your babies they were taken care of. I can say the pet store in my town are good, not the best but the beardies are taken care of. I did have to remind them 2 times the basking light was out. I always check them out when I am in there to make sure. A couple people in do know about beardies, which they ask me if I do this or that in which I say yes I do. They love it when I bring my girl in with me.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I can't wait until Fiz is bigger. I want to be able to take him on car rides to the pet store when I go out to get crickets and other supplies. He's only 8 inches now, but he's growing pretty quickly. I think that by summer, he'll be able to go on short trips to stores and stuff!

Hey, I was wondering, when I make my appointment for the fecal, do I just bring in a sample of their poop in like, a plastic baggie for them to analyze? I mean, I would assume I should do this since I don't want two vet trips, right?

I think it will be kind of odd walking in prepared with your own stinky bag of dragon poo :wink:

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Yup, just bring it with you to the appointment, baggies will work fine, anything that will hold it.
i took ours in old 35mm film canisters, I have tons of them....lol.
Don't even need the white part, urates, just the poo.
Amanda

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh okay. (I know this sounds really wierd/funny at the same time) But does it matter if it's like, dried or old (like from the night before) It would be kind of difficult to get a sample before I go for the visit, since there's always that chance where my Beardie may not poop in the time frame before the visit.

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I want to be prepared!

Erimis

Fresher poo is best, as in same day poop. If you can't get the fecal in to the office in a fw hours, put the baggie in the fridge. :)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Does keeping it cold really work? Or will that just make it harden even more.

All this poop-talk is really crazy! haha :puke:

Erimis

It s better to be cold- doesn't seem to get hard. Leaving it out will dry it out and bacteria and parasites may die or change to larva.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
I took Haku for a check up here in Rhode Island and just the visit was 75. It really depends on the vet and what they want to charge. Sadly we only have on reptile vet here so I didn't have much choice.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
No, they wanted me to bring that another time with 20 more dollars. We only have 2 reptile vets here and one is an emergency center so they charge 98 dollars and then the one I went to which is pretty far from my house.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, that's a downside to reptiles. There aren't many facilities in some places that treat reptiles. Well, that treat reptiles WELL, that is. Another downside is that surgeries and treatments are SO expensive since reptiles in most places are labeled "exotic". Luckily for me, there's a state-of-the-art animal hospital right in my township, and i'm 99% sure they treat reptiles. I plan on taking Fiz in late december, or early january.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom