VERY IMPORTANT - TALK TO YOU BEARDIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyezonz

any one that has problems with there beardies try talkn to them LOL kinda crazy but it worked for me, My beardie hasnt been eating much since i got him about 4 weeks ago, i thought he might have had some health probs so i called bloodbankdragons and talk to them bout possibly purchasing another dragon, and getting rid of the one i have, surprisingly enough i tried feeding him after i got off the phone and he decided to eat like pig ( which is what ive been waiting for) because i was buying crickets and were dying because he wouldnt eat them, hes still a bit lazy/inactive but maybe another pep talk about getting rid of him will get him moving around. but two days later he is still eating good

DragonGal

Hatchling Member
Instead of "threatening" your Beardie, you might want to go over his cage specs with someone, to see if maybe his setup is the cause of him being inactive/not eating. Try filling this out, and maybe I (or someone here with a bit more experience than me) can give you some advice.

How old is your dragon?
How large/long is she?
How long have you had her?
Where did you get her from?
What size tank is she in?
What do you use to heat the tank?
What are the temperatures in the tank (basking spot & cool side)?
What do you use to measure the temperatures?
What substrate do you use?
What UVB light do you use?
How old is it?
How close can your dragon get to it?
What do you feed your dragon?
How often?
What supplements do you use?
How often?
Do you bath or mist your dragon?
How often?

Menolly

Juvie Member
hey,
Could you answer these questions, maybe there could be something we could help you out with.

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I have a question. Why would you buy another one and get rid of the one you have now? :shock:

Thats like me wanting to get rid of a child because they wouldnt eat broccoli. And buying a new one who does.

eyezonz

Original Poster
my cage set up is fine, he jus took a while to perk up after being shipped i guess and it jus so happen to be after i was thinkn of getting a new beardie, the thread was something like a joke, kinda like beardies understand words and sentences

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Think me silly if you want,but whether it's the sound of our voices or whatever,our beardie does at least listen to us even if she doesn't understand. My husband can walk into a room and speak and Alf turns her head toward where she last heard my husband.And also does the same with me.

DistDrag

Juvie Member
I'm kind of with Christy on this one, that's cold to considering getting rid of him cause he wouldn't eat. :evil:

eyezonz

Original Poster
i really dont care what you guys think, i thought it was funny that my beardie decided to act in a normal fashion after i considered replacing him, so say what ever you want i did every thing i could for this guy, ive read similar post to my situation and done it all to help him out, reptaid, covering the cage, changing bulbs, recording weights and measurement and countless hours of reading and researching, oh and i work at PETSMART, if that gives you people something to talk about, i care about my animals i just thought it was a funny situation so excuse me

and if u guys were wondering he is still eating fine and pooping fine and getting all the care that he need to thrive and survive

ewstokes

Juvie Member
eyezonz":b3a89 said:
i really dont care what you guys think, i thought it was funny that my beardie decided to act in a normal fashion after i considered replacing him, so say what ever you want i did every thing i could for this guy, ive read similar post to my situation and done it all to help him out, reptaid, covering the cage, changing bulbs, recording weights and measurement and countless hours of reading and researching, oh and i work at PETSMART, if that gives you people something to talk about, i care about my animals i just thought it was a funny situation so excuse me

and if u guys were wondering he is still eating fine and pooping fine and getting all the care that he need to thrive and survive

I know it can be rough to be critiqued. Alot of us here get pretty fired up pretty easily when someone takes their bearded dragon care so lightly that they'd even consider getting rid of him before they tried all that they could do. When you said that you contacted bloodbankdragons to get a new beardie that just proved that you really were considering getting rid of the guy just because he wouldn't eat. Alot of us here work pretty hard for the most part to keep our dragons healthy and it just bothers us when people come in and act like getting rid of a dragon is 'no big deal'. Since some of us see our dragons as not just our pets, it feels kind of similar to adopting a child and then asking for a refund because he isn't eating. Just don't take what people say here personally. Take it with a grain of salt and try to keep what I said in mind next time you want to tell a 'funny' story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom