Very Important Feeding Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

We have 4 beardies in our house. I will introduce them to you and then ask my question:

Fina is almost 14 months old. She was 17" and 382g when I weighed and measured her on Tuesday.

Samson is about 9 months old. He was 17" and 321g when he was weighed and measured on Tuesday. He was a rescue and was very small for his age and dehydrated when we got him at around 6 months old. He started out at 13" and 141g when we started weighing and measuring almost 2 months after we got him.

Clover was bought from Pet Smart just over a month ago. He was 5" and weighed 7g when I brought him home. I have NO idea how old he is. If anyone can help that would be great! He gets crickets twice everyday (dusted one of those feedings). He also has vegetables available all day. He is now 18g and 8" long.

Rosie is also about 9 months old and was in about the same state as Samson when we got her. She has gained 66g since we got her a couple of weeks ago.

Their temps are all measured with a digital thermometer with a probe and are all in good ranges. They all have reptisun 10.0 UVB tubes.

Now my question:

For about 3 weeks, I have been feeding the 3 larger dragons 10 superworms twice a day and they are dusted one of those feedings. I read in another post (I can't remember which one) that they should be getting only 5 superworms every other day. They are all still growing. I have cut back to 5 superworms twice a day instead of 10. They still get their salad mix all day which consists of collard greens, apple, grape and butternut squash all chopped up in a food chopper so that it will be small enough for Clover. Since they are all still growing, is it ok for them to still get the 10 superworms twice a day or is that too much? They are all having regular BM's and are bathed for 20 minutes everyday. Clover is bathed for 15 minutes everyday since he is so small.

Please help me with this so that I'm not doing something that may harm them!

Thanks,

Susan

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Susan,

The reason superworms need to be limited, is because of their high fat content.
I wouldnt feed more than 7-10 a day.

7-10 superworms per day isn't enough protein for a growing dragon, which is why you are going to need to substitute another feeder alongside the superworms.

-Brandon

getgab92

Juvie Member
I'm going to leech on this post a bit lol. What about when they are full grown and done growing? Or is it never okay to feed JUST supers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom