Venting about USPS & how terrible they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
I'm going to start of by saying I am very sorry for venting about them. I'm just getting very sick and tired of wasting my $$ which I don't have much to get my 3Bearded Dragons food & then not even being able to feed them the food because USPS messes up & also sorry for my grammar because Im mad and in a rush to type this so Im sure I will mess up alot more then normal, and also sorry for how long it will be!
Everytime I order a package, I check the Track & Confirm a few times day to make sure everything is going smoothly. Everytime that I see that its Out For Delivery in my home town, I always walk my dog around the same time & catch the Mailman a few hours earlier then usual and get my package. Yesterday Track & Confirm said it was Out For Delivery at 8:31am. I was happy to finally get Pheonix Worms for the first time. I got 500 for 28$ total! So I walk my dog at 1:30pm and I see the Mailman, I say Hi to him and we BS for a few minutes & then I tell him I should have a package. He says that he didnt see one for me today.....I thought that was weird, but he checks anyway and no there is nothing for me. So I figured because the sorting and everything usually gets finished at like 7 7:30am from what Track & Confirm tells me, and this time it didn't till 8:30am, that maybe he didn't get the package intime so I'll get it tomorrow. I was bummed because I really wanted to get them and make sure there alive (we all know what its like ordering insects and worrying if there survive or not). So I go back home for the day, I was home all day long sitting with my animals on the computer doing things around the house. At 9pm I figured I would check Track & Confirm again. It says there was a Notice left at my door at 4:14pm that the Mailman tried to deliver the package to me. I thought that was weird because I asked him and he said there was nothing, and everytime he gets to my house if Im not there he always just leaves it at the door for me. & I also checked both my doors and there was no Notice. I also walked around checking my neighbors doors because I live in the Projects so we have alot of buildings and doors and thought he might of made a simple mistake. There was nothing. I proceeded with going online to Set up for Re-Delivery like the website told me to, after a hour of many attempts of filling out what I need to, it would not let me submit the information. So I decided I'll wake up the azz crack of dawn and call them nice and early for they can make sure the package gets sent out with the mailman. I wake up at 8am after finally getting to bed at 6am......I call USPS hotline. The lady was very nice and said that they probably scanned the wrong item, that my package was in Stratford CT post office that I would beable to go and pick it up. So I go back to sleep till 10am and wake up and head to Stratford which is a 15minutes drive. I get there and talk to someone to find out....MY PACKAGE ISNT THERE! That they must of not updated there website because in April they use to have all the mailman in my area go to Stratfords Post Office daily for there route, but sense April they now have them go to the Post Office near my house. So now Im alittle mad that I wasted gas that I dont have, but the lady was very nice so I headed to the Post Office she told me it would be at. I get there get in line and Im called up (now this where it gets good). I tell the lady what happen and she says okay and goes to get my package. after10minutes of waiting she comes back with a man who happens be the manager, explaining they cant find it blah blah blah, now Im reallllly mad, & Im a hot head as it is, I always seem to SWING before THINKING. I goahead and yell "This is f-ing BS this 5th time this month you guys have messed up with my packages!" and after I said that a huge man behind me who happens to just be a good customer and citizen comes up behind me and puts his arm on my shoulder and says "You need to chill out" as he has money in his hand, I turn around and poke him in the chest and say "You touch me one more time your need to use that money to get a prosthetic arm bro" The manager calms me down and I apologize for everything & explain that this has happened 5times just in 1month and my animals need to suffer everytime you guys mess up. I leave my number with them & they say they will call me if they find it.....
Now like I said, this is the 5th time in ONE MONTH something like this has happened with USPS. A Few packages did get successfully delivered to my house to though. USPS is in Debt because of how bad they are, alot of people know it, but because there the cheapest to use, and lots of us rather save money then spend money which is hard to do with reptiles, we always choose USPS.
Has anyone else have similar problems with using them which Im sure alot of you have???

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
I don't use USPS because I know following directions can be difficult and I don't want my apartment manager to get my live feed. I instead use FedEx, which I know is usually 2-3x more than USPS but I feel I get better service and I always get to hold my package and I pick it up on my lunch break. In order for me to get my package held at USPS, I have hold ALL my mail just to make it doesn't get delivered.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I can't stand them. I ended up getting my package about 30mins after I posted this. I caught my mailman outside so I ran outside for I can ask why he told me I had no package but then did all this. & he said that it wasn't him that someone must of made a mistake somehow which I think honestly he scanned my package meaning to scan a different one saying he put a notice up. But its w.e. It did stress me out quite a bit today, but I got the package and thats all I care about.
For now on I think Im going to use FedEx. But I also had a problem with them a few years ago. But I guess no matter what your always going to have that chance of getting something mixed up, and with my luck thats all the time lol

zandi202

BD.org Addict
This is one of the reasons why I don't want to order a bearded dragon online. I'm so freaked about the unreliable postal service I have been experiencing and would be far to stressed ordering a beardie online.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
The only issue I've had with USPS was the recent incident with my Phoenix Worms. Let me lay out the details here:

I share a property with 3 residents including myself. On the wall of the home by the main door there are 2 rectangular, flat topped mail boxes (I share a mailbox with one resident, the other has his own). Both of these boxes are labelled with names (granted, my name is not one of them). Now here's where things get special - apparently we did not have our usual mailman that day or something, because I got a confirmation my package was delivered, but I didn't see it on the front step (which is where packages are usually left). Also, if any of my mail is left in the box I share with another resident (who is my landlord), then they put my mail on a shelf in the laundry room. I didn't see my package there either.

Apparently, the mailman put my package in my neighbor's mailbox (that clearly has his name on it) and that neighbor doesn't check his mail regularly (who does that? I don't even know). So yea, my worms sat in the wrong mailbox for 4 days in hot weather before anyone figured anything out. Luckily, not that many died. Also, the phone service from the hotline absolutely sucked.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm waiting on a late delivery right now through USPS, but it's the first time after many good experiences, but yes it's very frustrating. All my hornworms will be huge + the bottom of the cup will be filthy if you know how they eat + produce tons of waste ! USPS can be unreliable, that's for sure. Zandi, beardies shipped UPS or FedEx next day are EXTREMELY reliable as to on time delivery. You pick the next day air service , guaranteed by 10:30 next morning, and they are very, very reliable. If you ship with a company called shipyourreptiles, they take care of everything, they have an account/partnership with FedEx and there is very little chance of error. If there is a problem at all, you call them + they handle it and guarantee the delivery date + time. They have to be on top of it , it's a big business with live animals + lots of money involved. You can ship confidently with UPS, FEDEX, or go through shipyoureptiles site. You'll have a baby the next morning ! There are some places in the country where they only have " end of day " delivery, but you can always have them hold for you at the nearest hub. The times to be careful about shipping are Xmas week or any other holiday where there are a high volume of packages being rushed, but even then it's more reliable than USPS. They are nothing like USPS, whom beardies really shouldn't be shipped through.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Ah, all right, thanks, AHBD. I don't know if I'll ever decide to order live animal online, but its good to know that the mailing service for that is reliable. My USPS orders are almost always late by at least two days. They were good the first couple orders were fine, but after that it all went downhill. FedEx has been good, but for the most part I have to pay extra for them.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
When I order 1 my dragons from Dachiu I chose USPS next day delivery and I had it by 9am the next day with no signature needed. I have many good successful deliveries from them, but the past month they just crapped the bed.....5packaged that either got missent, wrong info on the tracking, or lost, or trying say they came my house and I didnt answer which is BS because my mailman who is only person who touches my mail knows to just keep it at my door. But today was my last stand, but I prob wont use FedEx because money is and issue and I need save every little bit, so I guess I need bite my tongue and prey my packages will come.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
I have actually never had a problem with USPS. They only miss an order rarely.

I bet I know where the beardie food is. Are there any cities with same names as yours? If there are, call those post offices and I bet the package is there. Even if it is on the other side of the country, it may be there. Even similar zip codes.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
zandi202":360xuasu said:
This is one of the reasons why I don't want to order a bearded dragon online. I'm so freaked about the unreliable postal service I have been experiencing and would be far to stressed ordering a beardie online.

I don't think anyone would suggest a beardie should be shipped USPS.
My own opinion is FedX is the way to go. I live in a rural area, where morning guaranteed delivery is not available even from FedX. However, you can just have it held at the nearest hub, and be there to pick him up upon arrival, usually 9AM. That's how I got my guy. He was completely unphased by the journey. Highly recommend getting a beardie that way, unless you happen to live local to a reputable breeder who happens to have exactly what you want.

As for phoenix worms, you've no doubt discovered now that they travel pretty well. My first order of them came Priority Mail - shipped Monday and I didn't get them until the following Saturday. None were DOA. Yes, the service is highly variable, but for certain things, it's by far the best choice economically.
Think how much stress you had needlessly. That's not good for you. Agree with the big guy with the money, next time chill, for your own sake. :)

zandi202

BD.org Addict
The phoenix worms are hardy little buggers. No, my biggest problems was they were way late on a hornworm shipment once and those things came in GINORMOUS.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Also, I never looked into reptile mail because even though it would be cool to have one from a breeder, I just can't afford it so I never looked into how they mailed beardies or any lizards. As far as I know USPS and UPS and FedEx are all the same. Thought I had great service from FedEx this morning

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Idk, I have mixed feelings about USPS. I love them when they get me my package and hate them when its late, Obvisously. But yea Im hot headed which is why my parents put me into boxing when I was younger. 3years later I made the local news for going 2years straight undefeated with being state champ for GOlden Gloves and had to be brought up a weight class because I wasnt putting in any effort. & Im only 5'1 5'2 and 120-125lbs lol so Im small for 23 lol

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
zandi202":t95ncnn9 said:
Also, I never looked into reptile mail because even though it would be cool to have one from a breeder, I just can't afford it so I never looked into how they mailed beardies or any lizards. As far as I know USPS and UPS and FedEx are all the same. Thought I had great service from FedEx this morning

They're not the same. If you go beardie, go FedX. Yep, you'll pay 40 - 60 bucks or more for shipping... on the other hand, I've read lots of threads from folks and their heartbreak due to a beardie bought at a local pet store. There's this saying, penny-wise... pound-foolish..... just my opinion, of course.

If your concerns are limited to safety and reliability of shipping a beardie via FedX... worry not! :)

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I've heard bad stuff about breeders and pet stores a like. All of my five babies in my signature are from a local Petco and have thus far been all right...except for the crypto scare in Lillix, but as far as I know, that wouldn't have been Petco's fault. I think if I ever end up buying from a breeder will wait until the local reptile expo...even ours is almost all snake vendors. :lol: Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom