UVB LIGHTS ADVICE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
Drache613":1tjadbc4 said:
Hello,

Your new setup sounds good then. :D
I agree, you could use one of the 65K daytime brightness tubes to help out in combination with the Reptisun 10.
How is he enjoying the new setup?

Tracie

He's doing fantastic thanks!!

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
Some advice guys - it may sound silly but....

I give my beardie crickets and he will chase them and if on say 2-3 attempts of not catching them it's like he gives up and he goes back to his log and just sits on it, as though he's disheartened because he didn't catch them.

I've tried putting him in like a box type thing with crickets but I don't think he likes that he panics and tries to get out and doesn't bother with the crickets when their in there with him.

Not sure what else to try? And I feel like he isn't getting enough food down him.

Ed707

Hatchling Member
Rip the back legs off the crickets lol... or shake them with dust kinda hard to get em nice and dizzy and slow before you feed them, or switch to different feeders if possible like roaches

ruben0311

Juvie Member
yup! rip the ol legs off, even just one will make a huge difference. i find just making sure only one goes in at a time works best for Fred. otherwise yeah they go all over the place... however, he does enjoy hunting each one if i do a mass release, especially if one magically appears from under his log or something when he least expects it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom