UVB light

Status
Not open for further replies.

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Spike's enclosure right now is 36"L x 18"W x 12"H. I have a 36"L T8 that goes all the way across her tank. (I always take the screen off. It is ONLY one during the night when her lights are off.) The hubby got the 36" to fit her whole tank because it was only the t8. She can get 6"-8" from the t8, depending on where she is in her tank.

I want the t5 because we have had an incident where my youngest took her out of her tank while I was in the restroom and she got loose in the house. We found her no problem and in no time, but her tank has a mesh screen that locks, just for that reason. However, I didn't think anything of putting it back on just to use the restroom has he has never bothered her in the time we have had her, at least not on his own. I want to be able to leave her mesh screen on now LOCKED, most of the time unless I have her out for her feedings or free roaming time (supervised, of course).

My question is: would this be a good idea to buy to upgrade her to a t5?
http://www.petmountain.com/product/...eptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood.html

*EDIT* Definitely just realized that I will have to buy a new bulb for it. It is only a 5.0, not a 10.0. *EDIT*

Does she need one that is the whole length of her 36" tank? Or would the 24" one be just fine? She only needs it to be as long as where she basks, correct? If not, please, let me know.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
22" is fine, your correct that with a stronger lamp having the basing side covered is fine. The lamp still has some side to side reach so the wool side won't be completely zero anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom