UVB Light Flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Hey guys and gals!

So this morning when I turned on the lights the uvb bulb just kept flickering and didn't turn on propperly.

So what do you you think I need a new light? or transformer? ( I know nothing about electricals)

How long is it safe for a Dragon to have no UVB?

Thanks

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know much about electrical thingamajigs either, but I think the main fixable things in a fluorescent fixture are the ballast and the starter. I think starters are pretty cheap to replace, but a new ballast might cost about as much as a new fixture. And only fixtures with a magnetic ballast will have a starter I believe. And there you have the extent of my fluorescent fixture knowledge, lol! :?

My 4 year old male was without UVB for 8 days and he was fine. (I accidentally broke his ReptiSun tube and had to wait for the new one to get here :oops:). He didn't want to eat his bugs, which was understandable, but he was a good boy about eating squash baby food every day so I could get some nutrition into him :)

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I think it's the light. If it was the transformer then it wouldn't even flick. My light is 5 months old so I was going to replace it next month anyway.

Baby seems to be ok today. She is dark and has her beard black, but shes not ina bad mood at all. I doubt it will affect her hunger/willingness to eat. She is a monster and eats anything and everything even when she's going though a full shed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom