Uvb idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have an idea and would like to know your opinion over it I have an Arcadia t5 12% and was wondering if it would be ok to use zipties to place it inside my bearded dragons tank it would sit about 9-10 inches away from her would that be ok or would it be too close right now it is about 11-10 inches away ontop with reflector but I would remove it placing it inside her tank I got the idea because I feel like the reflector focuses the uvb in one spot and putting it inside would spread uvb around the whole tank it would still sit over her head just a bit closer but without reflector

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Deathtrack123":3jbpbc8i said:
So I have an idea and would like to know your opinion over it I have an Arcadia t5 12% and was wondering if it would be ok to use zipties to place it inside my bearded dragons tank it would sit about 9-10 inches away from her would that be ok or would it be too close right now it is about 11-10 inches away ontop with reflector but I would remove it placing it inside her tank I got the idea because I feel like the reflector focuses the uvb in one spot and putting it inside would spread uvb around the whole tank it would still sit over her head just a bit closer but without reflector
You will more then likely give it uvb burn. T5 Uvbs are mostly over screen cause of higher output even if it is smaller then the T8 that usually go into the enclosure and arcadia high powered uvb bulbs help in slowing down the metabolic bone diesease process that tells how strong they are so if inside the enclosure make sure is the right distance. If your giving your dragon natural sunlight every here and again to you'll do more then great. I just sit my uvb ontop of the screen directly if that tells you anything spreads the light all over that side of the tank

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
Ok thanks for replying I will just leave my set up as is I will just remove reflector that will probably spread the uv more and make it less strong it will still be 11-10 inches away so I dont think it would cause an issue thanks for the response I also dont have a screen this is my set up
Beardi still sleeping under hide lol

https://ibb.co/dL6w3q5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom