UVA/UVB Mercury Vapor Bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYPets

Hatchling Member
I was thinking about getting one for my 40gal breeder tank but I do not really know much about them.

Is it something I should consider?

Please tell me the pros and cons of using one of these bulbs as well as any other information about them. Thanks in advance.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I can't help you much because I haven't used it. But from what I've read about them, you have the correct size of tank for the mega ray. They are the best MVB's you can get. Bob Mac, the maker of these bulbs tests every bulb, so he knows they are all safe.

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
I too have the 40, And have the 36in 10.0s. If the megaray is on backorder the next most bang for your buck it the? Zoo med mvb or the T rex? And duration time. Oh an sorry to jump in on this.... :?

LQDragons

Juvie Member
check out the external ballast mega rays, they cost a little more but well worth it in my opinion. I have 2 enclosures(4x2x2) w/SB100's, the temp are hard to keep resonable, basking temp of 116* @ 14" & a cool side of 95*+ . I've had to remove the glass doors on the coolend & install sliding screens to get it down to 83*-85*. I recently aquiered a young dragon & set her enclosure(4x2x2) up with a EB 60. Along side of the EB 60 I have mounted a 100 flood light for heat. I put the flood/heat light on a dimmer to adjust the temp to right where it needs to be.

my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom