UV tube solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Hi there.

91179-2585367603.jpg

This is Robert's viv. He's 18 months. We suspect he and previous tank mate Steve, have been without UVB for a long time due to their being no provision for UV when we got them a week ago.

We have since bought a second hand viv for Steve and all lighting works as it should, but Robert's brand new UV tube took us 2 days to get it working. We resorted to someone from the reptile shop to get it lit.

But now its been off over night and will not turn on again.

Me and my partner are stumped and frustrated. Is this a common problem? Is there a brand of UV tube that doesn't take so much fiddling about with?

Any help much appreciated.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The one I use starts up as soon as the timer clicks, no hesitation. Could be a bad ballast.
I use a Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO. You can also get an Arcadia 12% D3. These are the closest we can get to what they actually need for a UVB source.
Sounds like you need to get a new fixture anyway, why not get the best.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your recommemdations.

The one we're having issues with is barely 3 days old. Perhaps they'll let us swap.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 3 days old it should still be under warranty. It may be either a bad bulb or a broken ballast/fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom