UV light question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

saden99

So I got a tube-light from a pet store that I enjoy going to because they seem quite knowledgeable of everything they have and love the pets as well as the customers. They sold me a 24" fixture and pulled out the original light (an Eclipse fluorescent bulb of some sort) and stuck in (what I just figured out) a Pro-lume 15W fluorescent. I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with it or knows whether or not the UV given off is correct (and/or enough) and would reach far enough. It's apparently what they use in the store and when I asked they said it's effective at between 20-24" and anything beyond that diminishes the capacity quite a bit.

Not saying I don't trust them, but I just wanted a second opinion on the bulb. Thanks.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Never heard of that brand. Googling it brings up a lot of household bulbs. I only see stuff about them being daylight rated. That only refers to the amount of visible light they produce. I didn't see anything about uv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom