UV Light need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Hello

I have had my beardie for 5 months now. Bought a new Repti Zoo Repti Sol 10.0 UVB bulb when I got it. Now she goes to sit on top of her log at a distance of approx 4-6 inches from her tube a lot. Does this mean the light is used up?

I really want to get the Repti Sun this time when I replace but it is very expensive and I cant afford it. If the lamp I use now is not good, what other alternatives are there?

Thanx to all in advance for helping me

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I wish I could, I stay in RSA, they cost R450-00 (Thats about $65) vs the one I have now at R200-00 (About $27). Thats directly converted with todays currencys

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I am going to assume that is the Republic of South Africa, correct? Can you possibly get ahold of an Arcadia 12% uvb from the UK?

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am going to assume that is the Republic of South Africa, correct? Can you possibly get ahold of an Arcadia 12% uvb from the UK?

Correct, I think import cost will make it cost more though, but Ill have a look.
We get the following here

Exxo terra repti Glo tube
ADZB9_linear_bulbs_100d.jpg

* Ideal for all desert dwelling reptiles
* Ultra High UVB output
* Effective up to 50 cm (20')
* Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
* Recommended for use with screened terrariums terrariums with dense screen covers (screens can filter out UVB rays)
* Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 2.0 for a higher visual light output

The Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 has a very high UVB output similar to that associated with desert environments. Desert locations receive more direct sunlight than any other because of fewer clouds, less air humidity and no plants or trees to provide shade. Therefore desert reptiles are more exposed to UV radiation than any other type of reptile. This bulb can also be used on screened terrariums or terrariums with dense screen covers to ensure UVB penetration. Dense screens can filter out up to 50% of the UVB rays.

Repti Glo compacts
Heard Compacts arent good, so not an option

Repti Zoo Repti Sol tubes
This is the one I have now
Extra high UV desert terrarium lamp

* Provides an effective UVB source without excess heat.
* Ideal for old world chameleons and other reptiles requiring increased UV-A rays and very high amount of UV-B exposure without higher temperature.
* Gives the pet UV-A rays and very high amount of UV-B rays(10%).
* Stimulates appetite, digestion, reproduction through UVA radiation and calcium absorption through UVB.

And then the Repti Sun at twice the price, some places 3x the price :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
The reptiGLOs are no good either. Although on paper they look good there have been lots of issues with them over the years, so avoid that one.

Is there any way a friend making the journey could pick one up for you?

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I should be so lucky :lol:

Im wondering, what would postage be from your side to RSA? Then maybe I can open a paypal account or somehow pay the money to someone to buy and send to me?
Just a thought as I have no idea as to the costs involved.

Otherwise Im just gonna have to settle for the same as I have now. Didnt have any issues it just didnt last 6 months. Then If I can save a few bucks each month for about 5 months Ill be able to get the ReptiSun next time

tedrickrumohr

Hatchling Member
my1stBD":1cyvercc said:
I should be so lucky :lol:

Im wondering, what would postage be from your side to RSA? Then maybe I can open a paypal account or somehow pay the money to someone to buy and send to me?
Just a thought as I have no idea as to the costs involved.

Otherwise Im just gonna have to settle for the same as I have now. Didnt have any issues it just didnt last 6 months. Then If I can save a few bucks each month for about 5 months Ill be able to get the ReptiSun next time

What I do to save money, I have a Zoo Med Repti-basking spot lamp to emit heat to create the apropriate heat gradient in my viv. It emits UVA apparently too. I take my beardies outside to get natural UVA/B daily to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom