Using tiles as substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmoDust

I have read that tiles are good to use on the bottom of your dragon's enclosure. I currently use the wood chip stuff so was considering changing, but first wanted to ask a few things:

1) do the tiles not make the ground very hot/very cold (depending on whether the light is on or not)?
2) does your beardie not miss bein able to dig and rummage about?

Fogles

Juvie Member
Woodchips I wouldn't recommend as a bedding anyway.
I would go with the tiles, 1st, If your lighting is good as it should be, it won't make the tiles too hot or too cold.
2nd, It's good on their nails, if they dig it will grind their nails down, thus not having to have their nails clipped..

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Agreed ^

I would IMMEDIATELY get rid of the Wood Chip's, Wood Chip's will be ingested by your Beardie and will cause Impaction, also Woood Chip's are Hard to Clean and Keep Sterile, and will cause Bacteria to grow.

Sate Tile is an Excellent Choice! The will keep your Beardies Nail's Trimmed, very easy to clean, very nice looking, no chance of Impaction, and are Cheap. You can also use Cermaic Tile as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom