Using Moonlight Heat Lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazmarr

I have a bearded dragon and two Horned Mountain Dragons. I am having some issues with temperature especially so with my my mountain dragons. Night time temps for my mountain dragons are a little on the low side, late teens and low 20s (Celsius). Day temperatures with the intense basking light I was using were around the low 30s. Without the basking light they are around 25-27°C (I'm not sure if they are a bit high).
I have a heat mat placed under the substrate which feels quite cool to the touch but the ambient temp is warmer.

Is 27°C a good temperature or do I need to bring it down?

Somebody had said infrared lights are no good since it can disturb their night patterns.

Would a night heat lamp like this one be suitable for mountain horned dragons?
http://exo-terra.com/en/products/night_heat_lamp.php

They are a male and female pair.

As for my beardie, his temps are around 35°C and the basking spot is around 40°C-43°C.

Are his temps ok and could I use a night lamp for him as well?

charmander16

Juvie Member
The best heating for night time is a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) on a thermostat. Don't use visible light for night time heat.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
No light emitting lamps, is the jist of it. If you can see the light so can your pets. Ceramic heat emitters are better or even better are radiant heat panels

Lazmarr

Original Poster
Taterbug":3vodd10v said:
No light emitting lamps, is the jist of it. If you can see the light so can your pets. Ceramic heat emitters are better or even better are radiant heat panels
I'll have to look up the heat panels and check them out. But in the meantime I will get a low wattage CHE, 50w, and a dimmer thermostat so I can dial in the correct temps.

One last thing the glass of the terrarium keeps fogging/misting up, is this a good thing or a sign of inadequate airflow?
If the latter I may have to drill some holes in the roof of the terrarium or a couple of holes in the side :/

I can post a picture of the setup if it would help, and you could see if anything would need improving.
It measures in cm approximately 45x65x112 (HxWxL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom