used chemical water proofer in enclosure beardies not in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i posted this on other topic but no one has an answer so i made a cage today and was water proofing it and forgot to read label and its got chemicals its ethylene clycol i only covered two sides and and stopped is it ok if i let it air out for a few days this would suck if a cant use it its such a nice tank also it got frozen and thawed alot so i dont know if the chemicals are still that bad because it says if frozen it will not work properly

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Look up this chemical on wikipedia. My worries are that it breaks down in water so if you get any water on it, it may emit fumes. Secondly it has a low heat sensitivity and if you are going to use basking lamps it may emit fumes as well. my suggestion is to just replace the two walls you painted the chemical on or find some way to seal it so it can't emit fumes or react with water. those are just my thoughts. i would play it safe and replace the wood. best of luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom