Use Caution buying Beardies Online!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
please post pictures try putting him on different backgrounds and try taking a picture while hes in the bath you might be suprised how these can change colors

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
I am sorry you didn't get what you wanted. That must be disappointing.
I have ordered online before and was not disappointed.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Here is a link to the dragons A1 has available http://www.a1reptiles.net/bearded-dragons-for-sale.html

Everything looks honest and good to me.

Steven Barnes

Yes it does, but take into account camera angle and flash intensity.

The areas of the dragons on those pics that were farthest away from the flash (plus camera was at an angle) appears darker and more saturated with colour.
Not false advertising, just a photographic thing.
If you take the areas closer to the flash, that would be the more correct colour of the beardies.

If youve got some photographic knowledge, youll be able to "see" this easy, but its not common knowledge for the general public

my1stBD

Juvie Member
I dont understand what pics will prove in this case as theres NO WAY to display the real dragon next to the pics, but anyways here goes....
I took a random pic of a beardie on the web.

With little tweeks here and there this is what can be done.

Which would be the "random" pic that was actually posted on the internet? and which are the ones i tweeked?

Pic 1

1.jpg

Pic 2

2.jpg

Pic 3

3-1.jpg

Pic 4

4.jpg

Pic 5

5.jpg

Pic 6

bearded20dragon.jpg

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Lighting has a way of making things look different.In some lights my female dragon looks like she has loads of yellow in her,in other lighting she looks orange,all pics taken with the same camera.My male dragon is a dark reddish color,in some lights he looks orange,in some rust colored,and in some almost brown.So please take lighting etc..into consideration.But yes always do research on parentage,etc......

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Lighting has a way of making things look different.In some lights my female dragon looks like she has loads of yellow in her,in other lighting she looks orange,all pics taken with the same camera.My male dragon is a dark reddish color,in some lights he looks orange,in some rust colored,and in some almost brown.So please take lighting etc..into consideration.But yes always do research on parentage,etc......

Very well put :D

Ive got tons of pics of mine also, and on each she looks different due to lighting factors. Her colours vary from yellow to bright orange. Outside she gets black/brown patches along her spikes on her back

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
I just know what I have seen in my own beardies.My Alf is orange,but in different lights as I stated she can look yellow or orange or a mixture of both. Soaking up UVB light and heat,she gets black stripes on her back.Sometimes she look pumpkin orange,very deep orange,sometimes in another light,she looks peach very light orange.
Gimli my male is almost new brick color,very red looking.In some lights he looks ornageish red..........go figure. It's lighting with mine I get so frustrated sometimes trying to take pictures because if I use a flash he looks one color if I don't use flash it's different and the room lighting makes a difference too...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom