Uro biting

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
I was feeding Nitro his lentils and I guess I didn't feed him fast enough. He jumped up and bit me. I pulled my hand back but he stayed latched on and was flipping himself all around. By some miracle I managed to remain calm and resist the urge to shake him off. He finally let go and busied himself with find the lentils that went everywhere when I fed him.

Then I got his veggies and when I was putting them in his bowl he ran over like he was going to bite me again. He gets fed veggies every single day and lentils a few times a week. Why is he biting me all of a sudden? It hurt and is red a swollen but he only broke the skin in one tiny spot.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh no!

Did the bite look to be out of aggression, or out of excitement for food?

Do you normally hand feed Nitro?

-Brandon

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I always hand feed his lentils. He is usually really gentle but today he was acting really excited when he saw me coming. I thought he was just happy to get his lentils. When I put my hand down he was like digging in it and them bit me. I don't know if he was being aggressive or really excited.
He jumped really high trying to get to my hand. I won't be hand feeding him anymore. I am not big on getting bit lol My real concern however is what would have caused him to act like that.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hmm it sounds like maybe he is just having more energy now that he is being fed well.

I highly doubt he did it because he was scared or angry with you, it seems as if it were an accident.
Someone really must like lentils lol.

I hand feed Calcifer all the time, but she usually licks the leaf into her mouth, not straight up bites it.

-Brandon

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am hoping he just really likes his lentils lol I have offered greens by hand as well but he doesn't like to take them because he seems afraid to bite me (which made today even crazier)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am sure he didn't mean to bite you though :(

Do you handle him much or is the main interaction hand feeding?

-Brandon

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I rarely pick him up as he doesn't like it but I pet him all the time with no food involved. I usually pet him several times a day and the handing feeding is only several times a week. I really don't think he was being mean but it scared me still lol

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, I can imagine.

Well, IME they really do like to be left alone for the most part, and you are probably going to get some bumps and bruises trying to get them tame like a dragon.

Luckily though, it seems as though someone already did that hard work with Calcifer, and I am left with the part of trying to gain her trust! lol.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom