URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

I'm in Minnesota and we had the first snow of the year, long story short the temperature change resulted in my dragons uvb light breaking... I'm not sure if it's working because it was during the night that it happened but does the uvb bulb secrete anything harmful if it does turn on?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh my! Would not risk using that. Those types of bulbs are not good anyway as they don't emit enough UV rays to prevent metabolic bone disease and other health issues. Your best bet would be to get a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent tube or an Arcadia 12% tube.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I agree with diamc, the compacted ones arent good anyway. I think they have to be within 4-6 inches or so to be able to get uvb from them, correct me if im wrong. As they said as well your best bet would be a reptisun t5 ho 10.0 tube light or the arcadia bulb. If you cant get a t5 10.0, then a t8 10.0 will work if you mount it inside i believe.

Killjoy01

Original Poster
She's got a ten gallon currently, being moved to a 40 gallon in December, we already ordered a new one before I posted this I will definatly get a rod light next month. Thank you both for quick responces. I'm not going to risk turning the light on to see if it works because it smells weird but the new uvb will be here Tuesday, can she go that long without it safely? I'm not sure what else I can do for now

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Killjoy01":3f3xn9nl said:
She's got a ten gallon currently, being moved to a 40 gallon in December, we already ordered a new one before I posted this I will definatly get a rod light next month. Thank you both for quick responces. I'm not going to risk turning the light on to see if it works because it smells weird but the new uvb will be here Tuesday, can she go that long without it safely? I'm not sure what else I can do for now

If she has some light of any kind, then yes, it will be fine for just a few days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom