URGENT SITUATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently got a bearded dragon in June. He is about 3 months old now. I live in a 2-bedroom apt with my mom. I used to share a bedroom with my brother, (who is 18) but he went into the Navy, so I got my own room. My mom wanted me to move my pets into my bedroom when my brother moved out, because she dislikes animals. So I moved them in, I thought it was fine. But I also have a dwarf hamster whose cage is across from my bearded dragons tank. My hamster was fine seeing my bearded dragon, but all of the sudden my bearded dragon started going crazy in his tank. He went by the glass towards where my hamster is and just started clawing his glass in his tank looking at my hamster. It didn't seem to affect my hamster, but I don't want my bearded dragon to keep going crazy. One might say to move the animals around the room, but there is no other place in my room to fit them both. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? PLEASE REPLY ASAP

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there......you can just put up some cardboard to block their view of each other. Surely there's some way to do it. :)

onceblue

Hatchling Member
I put computer paper around the back and sides of my tank to cut down on glass dancing when my beardie was stressed, maybe try that to block his view? I decided to keep it there since he seemed more comfortable with it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you get a stand to put your gerbil up higher out of the sight/range of vision from your dragon to help?
Otherwise, paper or cardboard would do just fine, also.

Tracie

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
I have a similar issue, where he is getting stressed because he sees his reflection and is glass dancing or gets to the point where he jumps from his basking rock in to the glass head on and falls down, he is covered in stress marks and is very black. I have to take him out for him to calm down. I already put papers on the sides and he still does it, I don't know what to do...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us on your situation with your dragon? Is he still stressed?

Tracie

jacksonrocks619

Original Poster
Tracie, sorry for not replying. I totally forgot. Thank you for the great idea. I asked my mom if we could get a stand and we found an old entertainment center in our storage unit that I put my hamster on and now my beardie doesn't see my hamster. Thanks for the great idea Tracie. Thanks to everyone else too! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great you got a stand to put him up on & now they can't see each other! I am sure it helped out a lot. :D Now they are both happy.
I am glad it worked out so he is not stressed anymore.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom