Urgent EGG question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Honda99300ex":xm0v63na said:
Thats good to hear!! Hopefully they're out of those eggs soon!! Mine are at 60 days today, not sure if they're sweating yet really, I don't like to open the incubator a lot, but I can see one of them that has started to deflate, so I'm thinking(hoping) any day now... Keep us updated!! Good luck!!

Wow thats so cool our eggs are on a similar schedule! We should keep in touch and see how they all turn out. I know I'll need tips and will love to share stories :) Mine aren't deflated at all yet....

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Honda99300ex":21j4qjy2 said:
I had a question for you too, I was looking at your web site and saw the pics of your incubator with the clear top, that's neat! I like that concept, what kind is it?

It's a Reptibator...I went through hell and back to get that damn thing in time for the eggs! It came like a week after they were laid...I ordered it from 3 different places and the only one that actually had it in stock was LLLReptile who was great to deal with. I used a chicken egg incubator for like a week with the first clutch....used and returned it :-X LOL

mich

Hatchling Member
All of my gecko eggs go kind of transparent looking before they hatch .. my first dragon eggs are hatching out now and I expected them to sweat or go a little transparent but they didn't, go figure. I came home to 7 little noses peeking out of defalted looking eggs!! Sooo excited :) It has been about 70 days for mine and all were really fat white and swollen looking this morning so I was surprised when I came home and saw half of them have started hatchling out.

One troubling thing a friend of mine is incubating the other half of this clutch and she had 1 hatch at the beginning of the week (which lived), two hatched out a day or so after that and both died and one that slit the egg but never came out. She opened the eggs after a full day and found the dragon was dead :( I really really REALLY hope mine fair better but being from the same clucth I'm a little concerned.... :(

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
mich":azmn6px2 said:
All of my gecko eggs go kind of transparent looking before they hatch .. my first dragon eggs are hatching out now and I expected them to sweat or go a little transparent but they didn't, go figure. I came home to 7 little noses peeking out of defalted looking eggs!! Sooo excited :) It has been about 70 days for mine and all were really fat white and swollen looking this morning so I was surprised when I came home and saw half of them have started hatchling out.

One troubling thing a friend of mine is incubating the other half of this clutch and she had 1 hatch at the beginning of the week (which lived), two hatched out a day or so after that and both died and one that slit the egg but never came out. She opened the eggs after a full day and found the dragon was dead :( I really really REALLY hope mine fair better but being from the same clucth I'm a little concerned.... :(

Awwww lucky you! I hope they all turn out healthy :) I'm kind of freaking out here....the temps on the damn thing spiked up to 88 again today and are now back down to 83. The eggs from the 2nd clutch feel like mush...so I hope to God they aren't cooked. The older eggs are ok...but not sweating as much as they were. Wondering if the sweating was due to me upping the humidity instead of them getting ready to hatch. It's day 60 for them. I'm so nervous...thinking I killed them all with that temp spike :( UGH!

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Well, my first egg hatched, not sure if he'll make it though... What's weird is it was the smallest egg of all of them, not sure what went wrong with it. He is a TINY little guy, and not looking very well. He looks very skinny, and I think he didn't absorb his yolk all the way, cause I could still see it on his belly... It's like he came out of the egg in a rush. He's still alive, in the incubator, but not looking well... Poor little guy :-(

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Honda99300ex":1yailw7s said:
Well, my first egg hatched, not sure if he'll make it though... What's weird is it was the smallest egg of all of them, not sure what went wrong with it. He is a TINY little guy, and not looking very well. He looks very skinny, and I think he didn't absorb his yolk all the way, cause I could still see it on his belly... It's like he came out of the egg in a rush. He's still alive, in the incubator, but not looking well... Poor little guy :-(
Not all beardies are created equal. Sometimes you get a runt but Id bet he will be fine.

mich":1yailw7s said:

Your friend were the eggs laid at your home and her half transported to her home? I have never heard of a case were a clutch that was transported in the egg fairing well. I doubt your end will have any issues though.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Well, I just went down to the basement and checked on the eggs and the first baby, and the poor little guy didn't make it... It's pretty sad, it seems like he came out early or something, the yolk was still attached. Hopefully the rest are ok...

mich

Hatchling Member
Thats exactly what is happening to my friends eggs .. and I have the other half of the clucth .. my eggs have been slit open and all defalted for the entire evening, how long do they usually take to hatch?

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Did you slit the eggs or they did? My breeder said if they aren't out within 48 hours of the egg being slit, then that's not good. Bt this is my first time, so I'm just going by info I've been given

mich

Hatchling Member
They slit the eggs not me, I havent touched them!! .. I noticed 7 of them slit around 6pm, then 10 and now its 2am and 13 ofthem are slit but none are out yet, just noses peaking out. How long does it usually take for them to crawl out once the egg is slit?

Babies can take anywhere from 24-36 hours to fully emerge from their shells. I would only start to become worried after that.

mich

Hatchling Member
Mine all came out safe and sound, I actually had 100% hatch/survival rate. It took from that evening until the following afternoon for them to all come out. The friend who has the other 12 eggs in the clutch had another single dragon hatch out and it seems to be doing ok but the other still show no sign of hatching. Wonder why mine were all at once and hers are hatching one here and one there and only half make it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom