Urgent EGG question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
These five eggs were the only fertile ones out of 20 or so eggs from my female's first clutch. They've been growing and doing fine since...but today they're kind of worrying me.

Notice the dark areas in the eggs? Is this normal? I've candled them all, all have great veins and shadows in there too. Today is day 43 for them. The eggs appear really transparent in some areas, thinly stretched, and very full. Temps have been stable at 83-84 and did have a temp spike the other day to 86.5 which really upset me.

So.....ideas? Please? More pics are posted in my blog in my signature, but the pics are older. These were taken minutes ago.
IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

john_ny217

Juvie Member
i really have no explanation as to why they look like that, but they will be fine. leave them alone. I have had plenty of eggs look exactly like that and have all hatched out.

your temps spiking to 86.5 is not a big deal either. I know some people actually incubate at 86 degrees with success and no ill effects.

my motto along with lots of others is - if they aren't green and moldy, leave them alone.

good luck.

- John

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
john_ny217":kbwid6v8 said:
i really have no explanation as to why they look like that, but they will be fine. leave them alone. I have had plenty of eggs look exactly like that and have all hatched out.

your temps spiking to 86.5 is not a big deal either. I know some people actually incubate at 86 degrees with success and no ill effects.

my motto along with lots of others is - if they aren't green and moldy, leave them alone.

good luck.

- John

Awesome...thanks for your help John! I hope everything turns out okay...just being a little paranoid I guess. I just haven't seen any pics of others eggs looking like that..but I'm glad to hear you've seen it before. Thanks again!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
apparently my post didnt make it through last night.

That thinning in the egg wall you are seeing (the slightly transparent spots) is just a result of the eggs being very close to hatching. Happens often with beardie eggs and is one of the easier to notice signs of hatching preparation. Get your tanks set temp wise cause I would suspect you will have babies in a week or so.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok...great. Thanks so much guys.

Brian: The eggs are only about 45 days along (laid May 24).....I think they've still got a ways to go. Is it not normal for them to look that ready to hatch so soon?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
They can hatch as early as 40 days (well I have seen 1 clutch that did so not normal) but that look to the eggs is a sign of being close to hatching.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
spyder79":pw1u04e2 said:
They can hatch as early as 40 days (well I have seen 1 clutch that did so not normal) but that look to the eggs is a sign of being close to hatching.

Very interesting! I'll keep everyone updated if anything changes...

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
How are your eggs doing? I have a clutch that was laid just 2 days before yours, on may 22, and the bottom if the eggs is starting to look like yours. Hopefully we both have babies soon :)

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Honda99300ex":iteur3hs said:
How are your eggs doing? I have a clutch that was laid just 2 days before yours, on may 22, and the bottom if the eggs is starting to look like yours. Hopefully we both have babies soon :)

They're doing well thanks! That'll be cool to see if they hatch around the same time and we can share baby stores LOL. All 5 from the first clutch look ready to go soon.....

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Still waiting on babies....they look ready to go any day now...no sweating or denting yet though. I can't wait...HURRYYY!!! LOL

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
It's been 55 days, and mine are looking close too, a couple of them are dented in pretty good... I can't wait either! Haha

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
All of them are sweating!!! Today is day 59 for them. I'm so freaking excited. They aren't denting yet....hopefully they will get the heck outta there ASAP though! LOL

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Thats good to hear!! Hopefully they're out of those eggs soon!! Mine are at 60 days today, not sure if they're sweating yet really, I don't like to open the incubator a lot, but I can see one of them that has started to deflate, so I'm thinking(hoping) any day now... Keep us updated!! Good luck!!

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
I had a question for you too, I was looking at your web site and saw the pics of your incubator with the clear top, that's neat! I like that concept, what kind is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom