Update (w/ pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I figured since I haven't posted in a while, I might as well update anyone who would be interested. Still haven't sexed the dragon yet, although I'm still hoping for a male rather than a female. He'd doing really well though, especially since I've switched him to dubias and off of crickets. EDIT: My colony I ordered from Backwater Reptiles just arrived today, so he'll be getting a steady stream of them from now on. There was one or two DOA, but I expected that, and the majority seem okay. I ordered an extra 200 nymphs along with it, so I have a buffer set on when I actually need to pick from the breeder bin.

yOXTySq.jpg

WsCzm3f.jpg

dXHYl1K.jpg

8zS0au4.jpg

yQEzovP.jpg

VY6nDuH.jpg

These are from yesterday and today, after I noticed that he started shedding his face. (I couldn't stop myself from laughing at his nose plugs)
1Q53sTm.jpg

no1IDsZ.jpg

hcW8kIa.jpg

A8iGkrq.jpg

Bonus!pic. I had told my friend that while I was looking at his tank whilst on my laptop, he was giving me the "pride rock" look and supplied a picture. She made this and hilarity ensued.
QVz76bt.png

svissalan

Original Poster
More pics. Started shedding his back/stomach now, plus he's started to poo consistently during his baths instead of in the tank, which is a plus. I've also noticed that he never has stress marks while he's outside of the tank, but has them more inside the tank, especially after I put him inside following a bath.

V7SttT9.jpg

gkgG88g.jpg

svissalan

Original Poster
HINjRwb.jpg

BDHRtDn.jpg

I've been trying to sex him/her, but it seems to be difficult. At first, I thought it was a boy, but now it might be a girl -- I still am not sure yet. I tried taking pictures but I can't get the lil one to sit still for long enough to snap a clear pic. I did weigh/measure em on Sunday though. 6 inches and ~20 grams at 6-7 weeks old!

Very cute. Watch out they grow crazy fast. Have had ours a month and a half and he is already over 12 inches long. was just under 6 when we got him.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Yes! We need more pics! :lol:

I just realized... I have the same cactus in the first/second pic! Both of my beardies have them actually. :lol:

svissalan

Original Poster
I got it from Petsmart (employee discount rocks) but the beardies we have in our stores usually get that cactus as well. For some reason, they all seem to love it.

Today I decided to do something a little different. I charged up my DSLR camera I used when I took yearbook in high school and had a short little photoshoot before, during, and after today's bath. Here are the results:

rRIen7J.jpg

awWBWKZ.jpg

oADPzaJ.jpg

17Sah9i.jpg

tTNrRlC.jpg

usQ23WY.jpg

X1lhU5C.jpg

v0FusCL.jpg

Q4h1PWq.jpg

qPaFHhW.jpg

svissalan

Original Poster
So after his afternoon bath, I noticed he seemed rather calm today, so I had him on my shirt/shoulder and laid down on my bed with my laptop, all the while he's still calm. After a while, I look over and I notice that he is still very calm, but then it starts. I'm whispering "no omg what r u doin" while the beardie is taking a very slow, moist-looking dump on my shirt.

Well it had to happen sometime.

svissalan

Original Poster
So it's been a few days since my last post, but I'll give a quick lowdown as to what's happened in the meantime.

I recently ran out of dubias quite quickly (as my little one is quite the pig) so I had ordered 500 dubias online from West Coast Roaches and then went downtown to try and find some emergency dubias for the next few days. They were entirely out, and I ended up leaving with waxworms as a last minute alternative. After I fed him the waxworms though, his poop looked awfully wet, almost a slush/liquid, so I decided to not feed him any more waxworms and just stick with a salad. My dubias actually arrived today, when they were supposed to arrive on Thursday. Luckily, I haven't seen a single dead roach in my package.

I also had to take him with me to a party, since we were going to be gone almost the entire day, which was way too long for me to be comfortable with leaving him home, so I made a temporary bin for him with a blanket, hand warmer, and his cactus plus a food bowl. The host actually didn't even want him in the house (she said she was allergic to animals and I told her that reptiles are pretty much hypoallergenic, but she still seemed leery about it) so I had him in the garage and checked in on him every once in a while. He seemed fine by the time we got home, sound asleep in his blanket.

I also just got tiles for his viv today. I wanted to get two 18x18 slabs so that I didn't have to cut any tile, but they didn't have any in slate tile that was a dark color, so i ended up just getting 20 6x6 tiles, using 18 in the tank and keeping two left over for spares. Right now, I just coated them in a sealant and am waiting a few days for it to cure before putting it in the tank.

As for me, I'm actually quitting my job at Petsmart asap (I'm giving them my two weeks notice tomorrow when I go to work) so there may be an interim time between this job and the next, but at least I'd be able to pay more attention to my beardie and not have to deal with everything over at work.

No pictures for today, but I will definitely upload some once the tank is all tiled out.

svissalan

Original Poster
I came home from work today to find that my beardie had exploded into a shed while I was away at work. I also witnessed the freaky eye thing and goddamn that is freaky stuff. My mom almost started freaking out.

Pre-Bath
wAKgmYg.png

djORwZ6.png

fomeJZK.png

BEiKdHr.png

Post-Bath
pDPDDi8.png

HDvdCJU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom