Update, The Food Stance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though there are a lot of people on here who have more lizards than we do, my friends have taken to calling me the 'lizard queen'. :D I don't think I've actually posted very many photos, so here are a few while I get everything organized and up loaded to DeviantArt.

Here is Chubbles, she is 6+ months old now I believe. She was a Petsmart beardie, the only one of three that made it due to their poor husbandry. She was marked as 'Fancy' so she has some colors, mostly orange. This is her in the little blanket pocket type thing I decided to make for her since she loves snuggling up and sleeping when shes out of her tank.

chubbles_nest_by_lunartechasylum-d758xtb.jpg

Here she is on a car ride into town after a particularly scary night as it got dangerously cold in our house with the heat out. There was no way I was leaving her home.

my_little_angel_by_lunartechasylum-d758xnc.jpg

LunarTechAsylum

Original Poster
Thank you she is extremely precious to me and shes always proved to be my good luck charm. No matter how terrible my day is going, I can always take her out and have her snuggle against me and the day is instantly better. :)

And no problem Wendy! What I did was start with the inside lining and cut it into a large rectangle, long enough to fold in half and have the desired pocket size you want. I then used some blanket batting, you can use stuffing but batting is easier to work with and cut it to size, I pinned that to the first piece. I cut the outside piece last, making it big enough to cover both the batting and attach to the inside securely, I used pins to keep them all together, then I sewed them all together still in the shape of a long rectangle. Lastly I folded the now blanket in half so it makes a pocket, and sewed up two sides. And viola, you have a beardie pocket! :D I thought of it because when she was out she'd always cuddle up to me and go to sleep...then when I'd have to move and wake her up she'd give me the stink eye, when shes in her pocket I can move her without her getting grumpy at me lol.

Chubbles is right around 6 or 7 months now. I had her with me while at my parents house just hanging out, my younger sister had all her barbie furniture set up on the desk where Chub was basking and well...she took a liking to the beardie sized couch. I had to do a little 'photo shoot' it was too adorable.

2vrvo1f.jpg

When our local reptile store had a New Years clearence since they were closing shop for awhile to travel to the reptile fairs, I begged and begged my bf to take me and let me get another Beardie since they were only 35$, normally 80$. Of course I got my way and we headed in. The picking was slim since people have a tendency to pick the prettiest and cutest looking babies first, the ones with deformities or plain colors last. There were some tiny hatchlings one even missing a back leg, and one decent sized juvy left. I fell in love with the juvy with his little slightly jutting out lower jaw. I chose him immediatly, and was correct that he is definately a little boy. I named him Little Dova, which in the language from my favorite game (Skyrim) means little dragon as I thouht it was fitting! Dova is about 3-4 months old i'm guessing, and an orange X red tiger color cross. He is a little spitfire, always curious and never wanting to sit still. Hes still weary of me but he always tolerates being held and cuddled. here he is in his bath! Note:The little black spot is an old injury thats healing wonderfully.

maxpnl.jpg

Wendy300

What adorable beardies! The Barbie furniture is too funny. Wonder if my granddaughter would share......
Thanks so much for the pocket info. I am going to make a few. After all I can't have just one. :D :D

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Beautiful babies.

My friends call my the Crazy Reptile Lady so I hear you on the nicknames. :lol:

LunarTechAsylum

Original Poster
Lol well my sister was irritated at first, but after watching her for a few minutes she decided it was funny. And no problem wendy, when you get them done I'd love to see pictures!

Thank you Zandi! And lol! This forum is my home on weekdays, most of my friends dont like reptiles so they just look at me like I'm insane when I start ranting about how cute something was that one of them did. Like this!

After eating to her little hearts content, Chubbles decided that she was done being awake even though it was only like...9 am. She climbed up onto my shoulder,stuck her face behind my ear and proceeded to try and claw/dig her way into my neck and go to sleep.

b9aizd.jpg

Beardie is semi brumating right now so I've been leaving the big guy to do his thing.
And poor little Dova is still fighting this RI like a champ, he ate a worm this morning and is active as ever so I have high hopes that he will recover.

LunarTechAsylum

Original Poster
Am I the only one that has beardies that are too lazy to even STAND when they eat?! My little guy does sexy legs when hes eating, my girl just expects me to keep the food within her reach as she eats it at her leisure. Annd heres a bonus picture of Dova gaping because its too hot yet hes too lazy to move. :lol:

DHWVLPr.jpg

3H9SER7.jpg
20SX3tn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom