UPDATE... Still not looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow I am so frustrated! I just called to tell petsmart about my situation and the manager tried telling me everything is ok and that beardies only eat every couple of days!?!?! REALLY! I was so mad to know they only feed their beardies every couple of days then she told me i could bring my beardie back and they have one that is mean and bites and one doesnt have a tail... Nice options! So part of me doesnt want to give up on my little beardie but also don't want her to die then i have to pay full price for another one... Any advice? I have tried everything with this little one maybe i just messed things up to bad from the begining with moving her from feeding tub to tank to soon i dont know but i feel guilty and like crap because my kids keep saying mommy whats wrong with it and i have no answers! I HATE PETSMART!

frog

Sub-Adult Member
well, all i can saw is, DONT GIVE HER BACK TO PETSMART! please, dont do that to her. the pet stores generally to a bad job at caring for them and dont know squat. dont trust there advice and dont get another beardie from them.

just keep trying your hardest to care for her and nurse her back to health. if she passes away, dont get another from pet smart. i got mine from a breeder i found online. just look around for one that you like with a reaonable price (i bought the cheapest one for 85$ because i thought they were all beautiful and wasnt looking for a breeding potential, just a friend) and snatch im up!

good luck with your current beardie. :mrgreen: i hope he pulls through :wave:

Sara

LJean

Extreme Poster
I'm so sorry that she hasn't perked up yet. I wish there was something I could do to help. I can imagine how frustrating and worrisome it is.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I'm not sure exactly how, but there has to be a way to get his mouth open. Do you have a syringe or eye dropper? You may be able to start at the side of the mouth and bring it towards the front. I wonder if that will get him to open up.

If he isn't eating anything and getting weak, force feeding is something you can try.

LJean

Extreme Poster
woohoo for a little progress! I can tell you are excited! I am excited for you! I constantly check for updates, even little ones.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that she has started eating again, that makes you feel better, doesn't it? 8)

I noticed that you said you were using a 7% uvb tube, is the the Zilla or ESU brand? If so, those don't put out enough UV and are actually a waste of money. Here's a site that has the best fluorescent bulbs you can buy & they are a great company to deal with. http://www.petmountain.com/product/fluorescent/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html So, some of the decline in eating could be from the UVB light. Did you remove the plastic cover off that bulb? How close is he to it? Are the basking bulb & UVB alongside each other so he can get both benefits at once?

Are you using calcium & vitamins, how often? What substrate are you using on the bottom of his tank? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get him all squared away. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks LJean, yes that is helpful. So, it is the Zilla bulb then, I would replace it as soon as you can & make sure your beardie is no closer than 6 to 8" from it & that the basking bulb is right alongside it. You aren't using a coil UVB too, right? Is she basking on her own? Hopefully tomorrow she will eat even more.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well last night I got her to eat more baby food and 2 crickets!!!!!! My little heart melted she just set there with her mouth open waiting for me to drop more baby food in her mouth. She didnt eat much but I was so happy about her finally eating I didn't care. And she got up and was moving around way more not laying flat. So I am not taking her back to Petsmart I am going to continue to pray and keep trying to get her to eat! I am going on that site to get a new uvb light today! Can i get two of the ones that set on the screen (one for basking one for uvb or what is the best set up to have as far as my light fixtures is the tube uvb lights better? Maybe that is the problem but whatever it is I Hope it will get fixed asap! Sorry, i'm not sure what coil uvb is?

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok im looking on the site and i have no idea what type of light fixtures I need... any advice how to set it up to where it is good but not to expensive?

LJean

Extreme Poster
I can't rememeber the size tank you have.

You can get the reptisun 10 tube light and just use a regular white household bulb for heat (put in a clamp lamp). The fixtures can be bought at places like Wal-mart, Home Depot, Lowes etc. They are not expensive fixtures. the tube would fit in one of those that would go under a cabinet. Just remove the plastic cover they come with.

I think I paid $10 for the clamp lamp and $12 for the tube fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom