UPDATE: parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
I didn't know where to put this under..
my last post, was about the runny stool. I took her to the vet, and she was running happily around the room.
82276-6045606397.jpg
my little girl and I waiting in the car for the appointment at 3:30 with a sample
82276-7492495277.jpg
this is her running around the office while we wait for the results
they came back and told me she has HookWorm, and RoundWorm. my luck. now is she to have medication for three days for every two weeks.
its sad, that the last person that had her didn't do anything to help her. she was just given almost no light and no food, only a meal worm . and god know what else they fed her.
thanks goodness I wash my hands after handling her. :)
thank you
Sarah

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good to know what the issue is. Now it can be treated and she can be back to full strength in no time =). Be sure to keep everything as sanitary as possible during treatment to help prevent re-infection. Using steam or F10SC spray should help a lot. I would also spray her bum with some F10SC or Vetericyn after she poops to help minimize the spread of any parasites.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
good news, she is pooping normally again! :D no more wet poo. and for the F10SC and vetericyn, do you know where I can get some? :)
thank you everyone and CooperDragon
thanks
Sarah :)
I am glad she is back in health again, you have no idea how much she means to me. will HornWorms help with the infection. i give her a horn worm once every week or as a treat.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's really good news! I pick up vetericyn at the local farm supply store which has an animal meds/health section. I order the F10SC from bean farm https://beanfarm.com/products/f10sc-veterinary-disinfectant-100-ml-3-4-oz?variant=24905406857 The little 3.4oz bottle will last quite a while. If you get a big spray bottle you can mix it at a ratio of 250 water to 1 F10SC and spray it on any surface to disinfect. It's pretty safe once it's diluted but I wash my hands well after coming near the concentrate.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
NICE! i will go check it out for sure, got to keep her and her environment poopy and dirty free :) thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom