Update foe Belle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
It has been an emotional week. Its been a week and I still am having difficulties coping with the loss of my beloved Belle, not really sure how one does cope. I got her necropsy results yesterday. She apparently had a tumor in her liver, causing severe liver damage and failure. The tumor was cancerous and well hidden, not even the xrays showed any signs. I wanted to share this news because I have gotten so much helpful advice from many of you. Quite a few have been going thru this struggle with us. I hope one day I'll find it in my heart to give another beardie a good home and introduce him/her to the many of you wonderful people.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks for keeping everyone updated. Sounds like there are wasn't anything you could have done to save her. I'm still wondering about the MBD appearance, and if the liver cancer developed from the longterm frequent antibiotic therapy. Also wondering what antibiotic she was on. Some antibiotics are hard on the liver....
I'm sorry your still hurting from this. The stages of greif sometimes takes awhile to work through. Losing a pet is always difficult...I have a 17 year old cat and I know she doesn't have much more time on the planet. She's my best friend....so it will be really hard on me.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeautyBelle":32qfryr5 said:
It has been an emotional week. Its been a week and I still am having difficulties coping with the loss of my beloved Belle, not really sure how one does cope. I got her necropsy results yesterday. She apparently had a tumor in her liver, causing severe liver damage and failure. The tumor was cancerous and well hidden, not even the xrays showed any signs. I wanted to share this news because I have gotten so much helpful advice from many of you. Quite a few have been going thru this struggle with us. I hope one day I'll find it in my heart to give another beardie a good home and introduce him/her to the many of you wonderful people.

Our much loved and affectionate boy Puff died late in 2015, best thing we did was get Peppa and Toothless as new 5 week old hatchlings soon after. They really helped me in particular (I really loved Puff and missed him greatly - still do) but they gave me a new focus and brought joy back into our lives.

I recommend you wait a few weeks and thoroughly clean and sterilise Belle's tank and then find a new lizard (pref a baby or hatchling) to care for and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom