**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":78f667yx said:
A new adventure for Rocky...he had the tumor on his beard removed today! :blob5:

He is sound asleep and I can't wait to see him in the morning!
i hope he feels better soon, those tumors can take a lot out of a beardie!

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardymama33":30mtjmgl said:
RockysMom":30mtjmgl said:
A new adventure for Rocky...he had the tumor on his beard removed today! :blob5:

He is sound asleep and I can't wait to see him in the morning!
i hope he feels better soon, those tumors can take a lot out of a beardie!

Thank you! He is slowly returning to his old self. :)

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":orxagwid said:
Resting after surgery.
looks like the vet did a good job. i have seen some after surgery with horrendous scars. mommy is really good for him and so is the nice vet mommy found him!

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here's a better pic of the incision where the tumor was removed. Looks a bit puffy, not sure how much of it is swelling from surgery. Stitches are internal, so no need to have them removed.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":1idydqhs said:
Here's a better pic of the incision where the tumor was removed. Looks a bit puffy, not sure how much of it is swelling from surgery. Stitches are internal, so no need to have them removed.

still looks really good compared to others i have seen

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardymama33":2d7jhaqc said:
RockysMom":2d7jhaqc said:

still looks really good compared to others i have seen

Good to hear...this is my first "Beardie Surgery" experience :) And we TOTALLY love our vet.
They have called us every day since surgery to check in. We couldn't be happier. :blob5:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just got back from the vet...decided to get Rocky some fluids. The vet called me late this afternoon (2nd time today!) to offer him some fluids since he's been a little slow to come out of the anesthesia. I'm also worried that he's getting dehydrated. Hoping that this helps him perk up a bit.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky is finally back to his old self. :blob5: Woke up this morning and promptly pooped. Ate a huge salad and then ran around the house for a bit. He head -bobbed at the TV a few times as well. Hopefully this means we are on the road to recovery!

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky says, "Good Morning! I'm so happy to be feeling better and now I'm just waiting for Mom to bring me my morning salad."

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":lc600639 said:
Apparently, it's "Trash Your Tank Day" at Rocky's house. :)

mine does not mess his salad like that....its not on the plate long enough to make a mess because he gobbles it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom