**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardymama33":20c2qv0f said:
RockysMom":20c2qv0f said:
Weekly Weigh-In: 682g

i see you got a "fat man" too. :D he looks well fed and happy!

He is definitely "fat and happy." The vet warned me about the possibility of him losing weight due to the yellow fungus, but apparently that is not an issue yet. :)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardymama33":ve7nvcq0 said:
RockysMom":ve7nvcq0 said:
Somebody loves his new blanket :blob8:
is that a mattress its attached to? i think ive found a project i can do for mine if it is!!!

Bottom has a thin quilted pad, not as thick as the pillow. It's like a sleeping bag with attached pillow, minus the zipper. Hope this helps.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":3uqcyunj said:
Beardymama33":3uqcyunj said:
RockysMom":3uqcyunj said:
is that a mattress its attached to? i think ive found a project i can do for mine if it is!!!

Bottom has a thin quilted pad, not as thick as the pillow. It's like a sleeping bag with attached pillow, minus the zipper. Hope this helps.
so its essentially a thin mattress of sorts (like the ones you roll out when company calls) with the blanket attached on one side so it can easily be wrapped around the beardie? btw i call it a mattress because its like a camping or company bed to the lil one thats in it. I discovered mine likes warm from the drier shirts.....:D He was an ice cube this morning so i took him out and wrapped him in a shirt i took from the drier, he warmed up and even snuggled up to me. Do you warm it with a hair drier before you put him in it or just put him in it. BTW if its the blanket attached to one side, i have made something simular for my big kids in the past and can just scale it down....i may also put it on with buttons on the bottom or velcro to help wash it and interchange the pads as they are cleaned......

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardymama33":hlcxh9jk said:
RockysMom":hlcxh9jk said:
Beardymama33":hlcxh9jk said:
RockysMom":hlcxh9jk said:

so its essentially a thin mattress of sorts (like the ones you roll out when company calls) with the blanket attached on one side so it can easily be wrapped around the beardie? btw i call it a mattress because its like a camping or company bed to the lil one thats in it. I discovered mine likes warm from the drier shirts.....:D He was an ice cube this morning so i took him out and wrapped him in a shirt i took from the drier, he warmed up and even snuggled up to me. Do you warm it with a hair drier before you put him in it or just put him in it. BTW if its the blanket attached to one side, i have made something simular for my big kids in the past and can just scale it down....i may also put it on with buttons on the bottom or velcro to help wash it and interchange the pads as they are cleaned......
s

Yep, that's right. Sounds like you will have no problem making one that is sized for a beardie. I found it on Etsy, while searching for bearded dragon items.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":3jwoxbe4 said:
Beardymama33":3jwoxbe4 said:
Beardymama33":3jwoxbe4 said:

s

Yep, that's right. Sounds like you will have no problem making one that is sized for a beardie. I found it on Etsy, while searching for bearded dragon items.
yup and i can make a few pads for one that can be removed out of an old mattress saver.....if i make two velcro or button closing tiny mattresses with blankets attached and 3-4 of the inserts hell be set in case he makes a poopoo (which is rare because he wiggles to be put on his paper to go) :D i have this thing where i see something an dwan tto make it or i see material and im like "oh my that could make XYZ...." i saw your beardie's lil bed and was like "oh my that looks comfy draconis would love one or two of those!" :D he already loves to be burrito wrapped.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A new adventure for Rocky...he had the tumor on his beard removed today! :blob5:

He is sound asleep and I can't wait to see him in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom