Unhealthy poo that's quite watery

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":3pwav3qd said:
Ah okay.... well as long as he isnt fed on the substrate. However i'd be worried about the ink still.

I am too but a week on it should not hurt him. I'm watching Iggy closely and it's not like he's going crazy licking all the ink or gobbling up the paper itself :)

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay, so I had to drip some olive oil onto Iggy's muzzletip today, which he hesitantly licked up in very small amounts. Afterwards, I cleaned it off with what you Americans call Q-tips just gently, but I worry that I might've gotten some into one of his nostrils. He tipped his head sideways as he cutely does and a drop or two had run down over his nostril. He clearly couldn't breathe out of that nostril until I cleaned the outside with a Q-tip, but should I be worried?

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Iggy just did that huge poop that he's been straining with all day; I'm so happy! ^_^ It looks very odd though, and I'm not sure if that's because I gave him some olive oil earlier on in the day:

95175-8559991927.jpg

Like his past few poos, it smelled fishy and sulphur-y. It also appears as if he has passed on a silkworm, mostly undigested. Should I be concerned with any of these findings? I do wish he did go toilet in one of the multiple baths I had given him :<

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
This is why i dont like using any substrate like that... because even if they poop in their water they sometimes poop on the newspaper, plus when they do poop the newspaper gets wet and harbors bacteria if you dont get it all out. Though good that he pooped at least. I have a blue tongue skink that cant digest calci-worms for some reason, probably because she has a ruptured rib cage and who knows what else. so i just stopped giving her them as they come out whole and stay alive for a few hours before dying.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":si16w2ep said:
This is why i dont like using any substrate like that... because even if they poop in their water they sometimes poop on the newspaper, plus when they do poop the newspaper gets wet and harbors bacteria if you dont get it all out. Though good that he pooped at least. I have a blue tongue skink that cant digest calci-worms for some reason, probably because she has a ruptured rib cage and who knows what else. so i just stopped giving her them as they come out whole and stay alive for a few hours before dying.

I do see what you mean now, but I guess he needed to go quite badly if he did it there. But woah, what a nasty way to go o_o I think this is Iggy's first undigested silkworm, as usually, you don't see anything like this except for some ureates in his excretions. I hope your Bluetongue is doing a bit better now that it's in your care :(

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah she was so ill when she arrived, i had to take her to the vet, get worm medicine and had her on that for a couple of weeks. Still working on getting her weight back its so bad you can see her hip bones. Ive had her since august and she was around 80 grams and now shes 100 grams which is still low but shes slowly gaining. You could cut the silkworm up maybe so he still eats it but easier to digest? I've thought about doing it and mixing bug parts into her repashy omnivore diet but haven't yet.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":1os5do1i said:
Yeah she was so ill when she arrived, i had to take her to the vet, get worm medicine and had her on that for a couple of weeks. Still working on getting her weight back its so bad you can see her hip bones. Ive had her since august and she was around 80 grams and now shes 100 grams which is still low but shes slowly gaining. You could cut the silkworm up maybe so he still eats it but easier to digest? I've thought about doing it and mixing bug parts into her repashy omnivore diet but haven't yet.

Awwr, poor thing :( But I've been giving Iggy silkworms since that 'incident' and there's been no more undigested mishaps, so I'm not sure why that spurious one happened at all. He refuses to eat insects that aren't moving though, so cutting them up isn't an option (unless the individual bug pieces squirm for a little bit after death *shudder*). Maybe he mistakes them for salad or something? I bet your Bluetongue loooooves that Repashy mixture, given what I have heard about it <3

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Iggy just did the foulest poop on my most favorite jacket that I own, which was a gift from my mother >_< It's currently in the washing machine getting the most intense washing ever. I did notice that it was kind of mucousy though, and it hasn't been like this before. Is that also normal? I'm sorry for focusing on his poop so much and worrying about it, but you can tell so much about their health from just their feces and I'm doing my best to learn :(

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Might take it in for a fecal test possibly? Ive never had my beardies with mucousy poop so im not exactly sure whether its normal or not... i wouldn't think it is.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":225264fl said:
Might take it in for a fecal test possibly? Ive never had my beardies with mucousy poop so im not exactly sure whether its normal or not... i wouldn't think it is.

Thank you for the responses again. But yes, I definitely agree with getting that done, and it's on the priority list for next fortnight's pay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom