Under the counter fixtures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakequinn

I'm planning on building an enclosure with my dad for my new beardie that I will get after I get everything set up, but I'm confused about these fixtures?

Which one should I get?People have said from walmart, but which one?The length will depend on if I buy an old dresser to convert into one or build my own but I just would like to see which ones you guys have bought.Brands/where you got them would be nice.Or a link would be better. :lol: If the dresser I get allows for about 36-37 in in length, how long should that fixture be?And if I build one of the 4x2x2 enclosures, how long would you recommend?Would it just be 36in reptisun 10 or a 48in repitsun?I'd imagine so, but I just want to make sure for my baby.What length fixtures would that be?I looked at one and a review said an 18in fixture took a 13in bulb(just looking at those sense I have 2 18in reptisun 10s, I'd probably see those)..Is that true?or is the length for the bulb length?

Also, do you need to wire it?That bit is confusing as well...Does it come with a plug or do you have to buy your own to wire it yourself?

Sorry if none of that made any sense.I really just want to do everything right the first time. :roll:

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Since you're doing a 4ft long forget the Walmart fixture, that's best suited for a 40gb. IMO you should get a 3ft Arcadia t5 and a sunblaster fixture. I just installed a 4ft one in my new enclosure and it rocks. The fixture installs by drilling two brackets in the top of the enclosure and then it snaps in. Plus in to an outlet too. Moose has been very energetic with the Arcadia bulb as well, I'm glad I switched from the Reptisun.

http://lightyourreptiles.com/ard3t534in39.html
http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/89115/SUN-904302.html

kakequinn

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply!I will definitely get those.How long have you had the Arcadia bulb in for Moose?

Also, depending on if my parents allow me to get two beardies(separate enclosures of course), I may get a 6ft x 3ft x 3ft enclosure off my local craigslist..If I split that down the middle, that would give a little bit more space than a 40g for each being 3x3x3 each, correct?I'd obviously need to add in another level maybe half way up for them to be closer to the bulbs(will figure out where and what I can do of course).But if I can do that, the best thing to do would be get two 3ft Arcadia for each side, right?That way I don't get a long one to put in the middle for them to share.

Sorry for all the questions. :oops:

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
kakequinn":3gfvilek said:
Thank you for the reply!I will definitely get those.How long have you had the Arcadia bulb in for Moose?

Also, depending on if my parents allow me to get two beardies(separate enclosures of course), I may get a 6ft x 3ft x 3ft enclosure off my local craigslist..If I split that down the middle, that would give a little bit more space than a 40g for each being 3x3x3 each, correct?I'd obviously need to add in another level maybe half way up for them to be closer to the bulbs(will figure out where and what I can do of course).But if I can do that, the best thing to do would be get two 3ft Arcadia for each side, right?That way I don't get a long one to put in the middle for them to share.

Sorry for all the questions. :oops:

He's only been under it for a week, but his colors are brighter and he's been more active. If you had any more specific questions about the bulbs email Todd from lightyourreptiles. He's a great guy, I had sent him an email late on a Saturday night regarding my order and I got his response within an hour.

As for splitting the 6x3, I'd get a 4ft bulb and fixture and put it in the middle. You can do two 2ft fixtures but the single will be cheaper. A 3x3 is ok for an adult, not perfect but better than a 40gb for sure. If I had a 6x3 I'd use it for one beardie, but that's just me wanting to spoil my little one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom