Un-bonded beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylphie

The thing is that in the last month we were traveling around the country a lot in search of a new place to live (we want to move to countryside and plan on builiding a big house with ponds etc.). Because of that we weren't having time to play with our beardies too much, only to feed them, clean and check if they are okay and healthy. Our male that was always more curious in now trying to run a lot, while our sweetheart female that always liked to just lie and be petted is gaping at us. The younger female was always more skittish, mostly because she was small, so there nothing changed.They are both around 5 months old, so I guess that beside problems from not handling them for some time they are also starting to have their teenage phase.

Do you think that after a few days of playing with us again they will be calmer once again? And how long should we handle them every day? I'm not sure if I should start at the beggining with only 5-10min of playing, or maybe on the contrary, handle them as long as they will be at least partially willing? I know that it's all because of our lack of time, and since we already decided what place we want to buy we will be having more time once again. I just want to do it properly and without too much stress for our dragons.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They'll probably fall back into a routine more easily since they've been handled before and know you. I'd try to interact with them as much as they'll tolerate. In the teenage phase that may be just enough for you to let them loose from the tank so they can bolt around and burn off energy but it's something.

Sylphie

Original Poster
CooperDragon":13zfa9jo said:
They'll probably fall back into a routine more easily since they've been handled before and know you. I'd try to interact with them as much as they'll tolerate. In the teenage phase that may be just enough for you to let them loose from the tank so they can bolt around and burn off energy but it's something.

Thank you! I think that our male is more on a running side because of all the teenager boy energy, while our girl is just mad that we are touching her at all. I'll try to handle them for at least 15-20min at a time, so that they will be able to burn some of their energy and spend some time with us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom