Ummm...gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seacow

Ok so I'm not really sure if this is normal or a problem but I recently took a 12 month old beardie in who was an unwanted pet. He's great, eats a well balanced diet and is alert and very active. Theres really only one unusual habit of his... He poops most mornings (usually on some sort of viv fixture that has to then be taken out and scrubbed :roll: ) So, when he's having a bath (usually in the evenings) he has a habit of lifting his tail and...well... letting go with an underwater, bubbly, beardie-fart. :p He'll then just look at me as if to say "it was the dog not me" and go back to swimming and splashing. So is this just bad manners or something I should worry about?
Thanks!

Seacow

Original Poster
OH thank you! It's good to know Dennis is just a typical male :D I would have hated to go all the way to the herpe vet and say "uh...hi. My lizard farts" :oops: Ah well...once they don't start smelling like my man's we should be good!

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
Jasper's Mom":ab819 said:
Ha ha - it's just bad manners, nothing to worry about. Cam does the same thing, and I've heard of others doing it as well. Just be glad you don't have an iguana! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiY6OguolJo :laughhard:
hahaha, i used to have an iguana, oh man. he would wake me up from a nap with his farts. at first i was like omg was that the iguana?? and once i was next to this galapagos tortoise and he let out a big thunderous fart, it was short and loud. i havent heard my baby BD fart yet

Seacow

Original Poster
Lovely reassurance from you all! I checked out that iguana link and although Dennis' bathtime blowoffs are not quite THAT spectacular, they are very loud and impressive. He can even manage to look a little smug afterwards :twisted: I also saw his very first black beard this morning... the only new thing to him was we fitted timers to his viv set up so they came on while I was out early. I don't think he appreciated the whole 'lights on but no-one home approach. I came in fifteen minutes after they came on to get his brekkie and was rewarded with a black beard and an evil look. :shock: He still managed to eat through his rage tho!

FoodMonster

Woah.

I was searching posts because I was worried about a few little bubbles in my dragon's poop. I got her some soy yogurt. Now I realize I shouldn't be worried- I should be GRATEFUL.

Someday in the future, all homes will be powered by renewable, clean burning, natural dragon gas.

This morning after I gave my beardie his meds for internal parasites and fixed him a salad and gave him some crickets I laid down to go back to sleep, due to me working graveyard shift. And out of the blue I heard what sounded like a pop sound. I didn't think much of it then I heard it again, and again. So I looked at Spike in his cage and saw him pooping and farting at the same time. He even let out a really high pitch whistle out of his bum that had to last for atleast 5 seconds. And after he was doing doing his business he quickly left where he went to the area and would not go back for a while. I am guessing it smelt pretty bad. I just laughed and him and he looked at me like "wow I feel much better now".

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
:laughhard: :laughhard: I thought the iguana was funny, but Dawn that made me laugh till I cryed. Pull his toe! OMG ROFL :laughhard: :laughhard: Thanks I needed that!

Sandy H

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
gulfbrzdawn":cb60a said:
Wait til he tell's you to pull his toe... :shock:
smiley1932.gif
I'm literally in tears laughing!

Luckily, I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing bad beardie flatulence. Pookie only had baby flatulence and that was barely audible.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
That is so funny and also good to know. I have not witnessed any gassss yet but now whenever I do I will know it is perfectly normal and not worry. hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom