Umm! Really Mean Bearded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Well, yesterday I got back with my new bearded dragon from the Serpentarium and I was really happy because the father is a citrus and I got the baby for free. I set the little guy up in a 20 gallon with a basking light and UVB light. Anyway, he came home yesterday and everything was fine! He was eating right away. Today, however, when I after a little time getting warm up in his cage I went to feed him. I put my hand in his tank and he started running like crazy, so I decided to hand feed him his crickets with tweezers. Instead of grabbing the crickets, he jumped up and bit my thump. He is puffing up with his mouth open and every time I put my hand in there he launched at me trying to bite the heck out me. He is so mean! The exact opposite of my female which is really calm and docile. I see I'm gonna have to spend time with him trying to tame him down!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Calypso was that way when we first brought her home. Took some time for her to get used to us.

cg2385

my beardie used to bite me occasionally and it started to really hurt when he got bigger :-/ fortunately he mellowed out a lot after about a year

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
That behavior can be a normal part of relocation stress.Dont handle him too much for the first week just give him time to get used to things.After that just make sure that when your handleing him come in from the side not the top and dont let all his nonsense back you down.If he sees it wont work he will eventually stop just be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom