Uhhhh Helpp??

Status
Not open for further replies.
k well my beardie is doing something really strange lol.
he could be just trying to shed but im not sure and just wanna make sure...he last shed yesterday but not fully (obviously)
he's arched upward with his eyes squinted, really pissed off looking and dark like he's stressed?
is this normal lol

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You might want to pop him into a bath for around 20 minutes and see if the rest of that shed won't soak off. Yes, dragons get....hissy when they shed. You think this is bad, wait until Brumation ! He will wake up raring to find a girlfriend ! LOL
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You want to make sure that the temp of the water is between 90-100*F and the level is up to his elbows (front feet) also make sure his little butt is under water, as that is how they take in water to hydrate themselves. You can do this 3-4 times a week, or daily with sheds.
Hope this helped out !
Janie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of lighting are you using right now? What type & brand of UVB light are you using, a flourescent tube bulb, or a compact or a coil light? What type of basking light do you have, a bright white light or a colored light bulb?
How long has he been squinting for?
Squinting is NOT normal, no.

Tracie

bongripper420

Original Poster
i have the reptiglo 10.0 flourescent tube bulb and i have the reptisun 10.0 on order but it won't be here for another week. And he isn't squinting all the time its a once in awhile thing lol he looks more relaxed then anything
do you know of any good reptile supply stores in canada that arn't so bloody expensive -_-. it costed me 50 bucks after shipping just for that reptisun 10.0 bulb! lol

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Bon, just turn off the glo, and pull it out, it is MUCH better to be without for that short of a time, than With bad !
I am sure that by the time the Sun gets to you, that eye will be back to normal !
Janie.

bongripper420

Original Poster
i dunno man
to me it sounds like some uv for 7 days is better then none lol
wouldnt that increase risk of MBD??

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Not for that short of time (pssst I'm a Jane, not a John....giggle).
Besides, with the bad, you can have major issues now. Once the Sun is in, and a week is nothing, MBD takes weeks/months, your dragon will be much better, and going without the glo will allow that eye to rest and recover.
Janie.

bongripper420

Original Poster
alright lol im gonna trust this and give it a try
sorry for calling u a man i guess i should watch out for that eh :p sorry hah

bongripper420

Original Poster
lmao
well
could i replace it with the original fish tank bulb
its a bright white light so it'll just keep the tank lit up better
or does it do something too??

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
YES ! In fact it would be great to have a bright light, even if it isn't a UVB. You will also want to make sure that your temps maintain as well. I have a china cabinet I revamped for a handicapable 3 feetsie dragon and on the lower level I have a regular bright shop tube light, just to give the lower a good light.
You can also place a round shop lamp with an energy saver bulb, to add to temp and light.
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom