Uh, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLTANUIS

Never thought I'd say this but I don't think my Beardie Turbo likes crickets what so ever. Well check that, my crickets are coated in a calcium supplement, Repto-Cal to be exact. Is their anyway the coating is making her uninterested? She ate about 20 medium crickets yesterday, digested, and BAZINGA! Cleaned the cage this afternoon and tried to feed her again but she didn't seem interested. In fact she barely looked them over. Is she uninterested, still full(she's eaten a considerable amount the last 2 days, she a full 24 Monday, and about 20 yesterday so she could still be digesting) or what? I'm a noob with bearded and still picking up advice from people. I've only cared for geckos in the past and beardies are much more active. So advice would be helpful, feel like I'm worrying for nothing. I'd post a photo to give you an idea of her size but my iPhone wont let me.

Dracoxo

First off how old is your beardie? If your beardie is still a juvenile or sub adult medium sized crickets are too big and could cause impaction or fill up your beardie quicker even in small amounts. Also have you been only offering crickets to him recently?!? and what kind of substrate do you have? You should also provide a vegetable diet of escarole, mustard greens, dandelion greens, squashes, etc every day to them. try offering these to your beardie and if he doesnt eat it just wait it out. Also make sure your bearded dragon is pooping on a regular basis so you can cancel out any impaction.

JLTANUIS

Original Poster
If I could post a photo I would, iPhone won't let me and she's always eaten crickets with a diet of greens, typically squash. She goes to the bathroom regularly she just hasn't seemed interested in anything today.

JLTANUIS

Original Poster
She ate about a dozen this morning. And yea she shed on her face, the underside of it and around her mouth. I offered her some crickets this morning and she ate them right away. Probably just full yesterday from the days before.

Lurhstaap

Juvie Member
I'm not sure they CAN be full from previous days if their digestion is going properly, honestly. I would be more inclined to attribute her low appetite to the shed, personally. But it's good that she ate some today! Her appetite should continue to improve. I doubt anything is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom