Ugh! Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles

Wish I would have noticed this sooner. Chomper is in a fairly large enclosure and doesn't enjoy being handled, so I just noticed yesterday when he was eating that he has a brownish patch under his chin. Thought maybe it was just food at first , but on closer inspection, it looks like mites to me. I've read about using betadine, but haven't found what ratio of betadine to water to use. Any advice?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :) A good way to tell if you have a mite problem is to give your beardie a bath. The mites should fall off in the water. I had a mite problem with a snake I had. Mites are awful and annoying, but it really didn't take me long to get rid of them. You just have to be really diligent with cleaning and treating the enclosures, and obviously avoid handling them and letting them free roam on furniture, etc. until you're done with the treatment. This site was really helpful: http://www.anapsid.org/mites.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom