Two basking spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden17

I am thinking of adding another basking spot to my enclosure, is this a good or bad idea? Basically I’d have a basking area on the top right and left side and the middle area would stay about 78, and then the bottom (I have two levels) would be low 70’s. My guy spends most of his time in his basking area so I‘ve been thinking about increasing the temps on the cool side a bit, but I thought I might do this instead.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
They need a cool area to cool themselves down when they get too hot and putting another one will make it harder for him to cool down.

SPandS

Juvie Member
If your enclosure is big enough to have proper gradients I don't think there will be a problem. I have read about others who have very large enclosures that have multiple basking spots with varying levels of uvb.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
That it true depending on the size. what size is your tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am thinking of adding another basking spot to my enclosure, is this a good or bad idea? Basically I’d have a basking area on the top right and left side and the middle area would stay about 78, and then the bottom (I have two levels) would be low 70’s. My guy spends most of his time in his basking area so I‘ve been thinking about increasing the temps on the cool side a bit, but I thought I might do this instead.
I have two basking spots in my tank - I have a 4x2x2 tank - the hot side is in the back right and the middle front uvb and behind the uvb is a basking bulb stays in the 90's bulb is a 75 watt cool side in the 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom