Twitching

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
* mental image of hornworms throwing hands! *
They'd throw their gross little sticky feet. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ have you noticed they like to chew on the plastic lattice thing that's in their containers when you buy them from the big companies and stuff and it's such an...off putting sound. I hate it. I hear it in the middle of the night.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They'd throw their gross little sticky feet. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ have you noticed they like to chew on the plastic lattice thing that's in their containers when you buy them from the big companies and stuff and it's such an...off putting sound. I hate it. I hear it in the middle of the night.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I routinely shake mine trying to make them stop lmao

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lmaoooo I just had this image of you angrily shaking a plastic container, trying to get them to stop making that sound ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
It's the worse at night, I'll be sitting at the computer, the house is dark and then 20 little beasties start knawing on the plastic, it's friggen creepy lol.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It's the worse at night, I'll be sitting at the computer, the house is dark and then 20 little beasties start knawing on the plastic, it's friggen creepy lol.
Maaaaan I hate the sound. It's unsettling and makes my skin crawl. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Maaaaan I hate the sound. It's unsettling and makes my skin crawl. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
The sound is not the most pleasant. For me, the only thing worse than this is the sound coming from the containers on my refrigerator. It's warm on the refrigerator and I have 3 containers of dubias there. During the day they sleep, and at night they become active, eat and do what roaches should do, some of their own business. I have about a thousand individuals in each container, for a total of 3 thousand. When I go to the refrigerator at night, the sound is similar to a swarm of bees, but as soon as you think that these are not bees, it becomes not very pleasant :LOL:

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Absolutely. I have the same experience with buzzing black soldier flies and superworms doing what ever tf theyโ€™re doing. I was tempted MANY times to chuck โ€˜em out the window when they woke me up so early.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Absolutely. I have the same experience with buzzing black soldier flies and superworms doing what ever tf theyโ€™re doing. I was tempted MANY times to chuck โ€˜em out the window when they woke me up so early.
The sound is not the most pleasant. For me, the only thing worse than this is the sound coming from the containers on my refrigerator. It's warm on the refrigerator and I have 3 containers of dubias there. During the day they sleep, and at night they become active, eat and do what roaches should do, some of their own business. I have about a thousand individuals in each container, for a total of 3 thousand. When I go to the refrigerator at night, the sound is similar to a swarm of bees, but as soon as you think that these are not bees, it becomes not very pleasant :LOL:
Maaaaan whenever we used to buy large amounts of dubias, it sounded so horrifying.

We have a dubia colony in our dining room and because they're so active at night, from our room it sounds like it's raining outside. We'll look at each other in question, "jeez, it sounds like it's pouring outside" only to go check and see it's the dubias being...dubia's. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I'll be days shaking that mental image lol ๐Ÿ˜†

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I don't notice the dubias so much. I keep them in a critter carrier with lots of egg crate, it's rare I hear them. The supers I keep in a Tupperware container with oats and whatever media they came in. I don't hear them often either.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I don't notice the dubias so much. I keep them in a critter carrier with lots of egg crate, it's rare I hear them. The supers I keep in a Tupperware container with oats and whatever media they came in. I don't hear them often either.
I also keep dubias on egg crate. They are in containers. The containers are pasted over with styrofoam to retain heat, but this does not prevent you from hearing their "party" :ROFLMAO:

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i haven't heard it, but my daughter with her superhuman autism hearing says it drives her nutz!!! we don't get hornworms often. only one local source here, and i ain't paying super inflated petco prices! it's more a treat for xmas, turkey day, gotcha day, or bday

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
i haven't heard it, but my daughter with her superhuman autism hearing says it drives her nutz!!! we don't get hornworms often. only one local source here, and i ain't paying super inflated petco prices! it's more a treat for xmas, turkey day, gotcha day, or bday
We get them from dubia deli and stuff like that and it's not bad. We did discover Amazon sells superworms for real cheap and they're pretty good quality, too.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. ๐Ÿ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. ๐Ÿ˜ด
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom