Twitching

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nova's tail is twitching, right at the base. It's the second time I've ever seen it happen but the first time, it was a few seconds. This time was literally like an entire minute before it stopped. It didn't seem to bother her. She has the Arcadia D3 t5 bulb and gets calcium in her salad everyday. Is it a sign of MBD or just coincidence.?

Here is a link to the video. New video by Amber

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
How much multivitamins are you giving, she may need a bit more

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
How much multivitamins are you giving, she may need a bit more
I have a probiotic powder but she won't eat her salad if I put it on, she barely eats her salad at all. I do have critical care food supplement I've been giving to Dreki, should I give some to her.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The liquid vitamins ALL taste horrendous 😫. Maybe you coukd sneak some of the powdered vitamins in some critical care.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The liquid vitamins ALL taste horrendous 😫. Maybe you coukd sneak some of the powdered vitamins in some critical care.
I'll have to try that. The critical care does have some vitamin in it, A, D3 and B12, and E and C and niacin.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I injected liquid probiotics into roaches. It worked very well.
Holy hell, really.? She won't really eat roaches, I can maybe get her to eat like three every few days. She just up and decided she didn't like roaches anymore, or any food really

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
When Snickers was an antibiotic i injected that into hornworms. I had to be fast though because it would ooze back out.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
When Snickers was an antibiotic i injected that into hornworms. I had to be fast though because it would ooze back out.
And it worked just as well that way.? Like it didn't make it work any less or anything like that.?

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Holy hell, really.? She won't really eat roaches, I can maybe get her to eat like three every few days. She just up and decided she didn't like roaches anymore, or any food really
Yes, it worked well. I prepared 2-4 roaches this way, the injections were small and it didn’t seem to harm the roaches. Foxy loves dubias and this method helped me a lot.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I also used hornworms to give a probiotic. But I used them for powder. I dipped the worm's tail in water (about 1cm) and then put it in a jar of powder. The powder stuck well to the worm's tail and I gave this culinary dish to Foxy.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I've wet them sometimes to, but fooling some of my guys is crazy hard lol.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
And it worked just as well that way.? Like it didn't make it work any less or anything like that.?
Yeah it worked good, I'm guessing the hornworms were P.o.'ed though lol

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yeah it worked good, I'm guessing the hornworms were P.o.'ed though lol
That's wild. I know some injectable antibiotic isn't supposed to be ingested so I guess I'd have to check for that. We haven't given Dreki any antibiotics since the day of the vet and she seems... almost improving. She's still eating some of her salad when I put it down was scratching to get out and even pooped. It looked normal and the urate was a nice size and nicely formed so at least I don't think she's dehydrated. Aaaanndd, I got Nubby to eat some crickets yesterday. Dreki still won't eat bugs, she pulls away like she's afraid of them or something.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom