Twitching upper-left arm (sick beardie? or spring fever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Hi,

I noticed Tifa was having a twitch/flutter in her left upper-arm yesterday all throughout the day. It stopped now and then, but seemed pretty persistent. So far this morning I haven't seen it, but it still made me worry.

I googled it and almost all the topics I found were MBD-related. This seemed weird to me because her last few poops had some orange at the end of the urate, which I'd come to understand she might be getting too much calcium? Maybe I misunderstood what that implies?

* her limbs and body in general seem to be functioning just fine, she's very alert and active *

She's recently out of her 'brumation' and seems to be raging with hormones ever since. And I couldn't find any info on whether all that crazy energy could cause such a twitching.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if there might be any other reason for it or if its something that I need to monitor and maybe have the vet look at. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Length: 17"
Weight: around 400g
Enclosure:
120 gal bamboo ZenHabitat viv
Temp Gradient: approx. 78 - 108
Humidity: 25-40
UVB: Reptisun HO T5 22" - inside tank - has own UVB basking rock about 1' below
ALL BULBS WERE REPLACED IN LAST COUPLE MONTHS
Supplements: Calcium/D3 5x week, Multivitamin 2x , (both reptical, never been a problem b4)
Staple feeder: Dubias mostly (backups are supers, silks, sometimes wax as a treat)
Salad: She really only wants to eat collard greens lately

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Well it's been 24hr without seeing any twitching so hopefully it was just a random thing. Just learned I can't delete posts here so Mods may feel free, or, if anyone has any helpful info regarding twitches and such we're still interested of course. Will hold off on running off to the vet for now though )

thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your tank set up sounds good+ keep an eye on her-- your distance for your UVB should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom