Twitching followed by arm waving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronni1123

My beardie is about 6 months old.
She has a 40g vivarium. Reptisun UVB, 100 watt basking bulb, and can get in the correct distance to both.
She eats Phoenix worms, and eats a healthy amount of spinach, kale, carrots, etc.. with the occasional banana or apple.
She has paper towel in her vivarium.
I give her a bath 2-3 times a week, and give her Reptiboost 1-2 times a week to ensure that she is getting the nutrients she needs.
I don't give her an actual vitamin supplement because of the Reptiboost having so many vitamins.

Her basking spot is 100-110 degrees, and cool side being 78-85 degrees.
She went to the vet about a month ago, and he said her bone structure looks fine, and she seems to be in great health.
He did treat pinworms, which are common among beardies, just to make sure.
She can't eat crickets at all because she can't digest them, and I get the tiniest of them.
She is getting A LOT wider, but hasn't had a shed in about 3 months..
Is that because she hasn't gone through a growth spurt yet?
I've noticed an increase in her appetite, and didn't prepare for it. She ran out on Saturday, and I should be getting more tomorrow. (Tuesday) She simply won't eat anything else. Not even wax worms.. she spits them out. I ordered 600 phoenix worms, and she went through all of them in a week. I should be getting more tomorrow.

After her last bad episode with crickets, she didn't eat for a week. She got pale, and weak. But as soon as she got phoenix worms, she perked up, ate a lot, got a healthy weight, and became a lot more active.

Today, she did something really weird though. She was on her perch when I noticed her body going into these weird convulsion type things, then she jumped head first into the glass of her terrarium, fell to the bottom of it, and began arm waving. At first I didn't know what to do, and it scared me.
She is okay, but is acting so strange. She she went, ate all of her greens, and ran back up to her perch.

Is she just nuts?
Should I make a vet appointment?

Ronni1123

Original Poster
I think I'm paranoid, and she just needed some running time.
She is fine, now.
Could that have been what it was?

carlisv

Hatchling Member
I bet she attacked her reflection. Dubs does it all the time. I try to shade and cover the glass so he can't see himself, then notice he's practically levitating to get the orange monster who keeps taunting him. What a dope.

Ronni1123

Original Poster
carlisv":99htk5l4 said:
I bet she attacked her reflection. Dubs does it all the time. I try to shade and cover the glass so he can't see himself, then notice he's practically levitating to get the orange monster who keeps taunting him. What a dope.
I think this is what she was doing..
She is so crazy! Haha

Mine will wave at her reflection all the time and try to catch "invisible" crickets. They are just the reflection of the actual crickets in her viv. I put paper towels on the side panels of her viv to keep the refleciton less prominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom