Trying to grow Phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
So I am trying to grow my worms and I have them in a little critter carrier on top of a large heat pad stuck to the side of a tank. So anyways. I have bearded dragon food pellets that I put in there and then on top of that I put boiled carrot, cabbage and apple.

Do you think this will work for them?
Also they keep trying to get out. if I leave them on the heat pad will they stay down there I have not had them on the heat pad yet. I am about to put them on it.

Any suggestions would be really helpful what is the max time I can leave the food stuff in? We are short on money and are trying to grow them so they last longer. Please give me tips tricks and suggestions.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Growing them won't really make them last longer, just make them grow.

If you want to make them last longer, stick them in a wine cooler and buy in bulk. You save money that way and they can last a couple months.

-Brandon

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What I mean by make them last longer is my dragons won't eat as many. My biggest only eats about 10-17 twice a day. I figure if they were bigger they would not eat as many. Since the government shut down was in the air before it happened I am trying to conserve. My grandma supports my dragons I don't I don't have a job yet because I am still in high school and no one seems to want me. So with the government PMSing my grandmas is tight for money. She gets government assistance because of her physical condition so she won't be getting any help from the government until they get over themselves. So I am trying to find ways to make it work so the food lasts longer.

chrism1

PintoBeanDragon1000":2qwpfxj1 said:
What I mean by make them last longer is my dragons won't eat as many. My biggest only eats about 10-17 twice a day. I figure if they were bigger they would not eat as many. Since the government shut down was in the air before it happened I am trying to conserve. My grandma supports my dragons I don't I don't have a job yet because I am still in high school and no one seems to want me. So with the government PMSing my grandmas is tight for money. She gets government assistance because of her physical condition so she won't be getting any help from the government until they get over themselves. So I am trying to find ways to make it work so the food lasts longer.

Try switching to a less expensive feeder like crickets. Alternatively, try to get your dragons to eat more greens and maybe some of the dry food they sell, which should last longer and be cheaper overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom