Triple Threat Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faenaria

Original Poster
She's such an angel. She started laying right after I gave her a bath so I'm thinking the warmth helped. Going to take all those ideas for her after care. Laying a huge number of eggs, I don't know where she was hiding them all.

Faenaria

Original Poster
We're at 17 eggs so far - she acted like she was done, so I gave her a bath and she laid another egg in the tub >.< Raced her back to her lay box and she's laid another.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's alot of eggs for such a little girl. Be sure to keep her warm + dry, just offer water with a dropper or syringe, or if you don't have either, just wet a paper towel and drip it on her nose. Once she starts covering the hole, she should be done. Once in a while 1-2 more may pop out after, but not usually.

Faenaria

Original Poster
We're at 18 now, 18 was a hard lay and they seem to be slowing down. Praying that we're almost done. Only 11 eggs that look halfways decent, all the rest are yellow duds.

Faenaria

Original Poster
Will probably be on the forum all night until she's done. We started just before 5:30, so we're past the first hour at this point.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Be sure to keep a heat lamp over at least part of the lay box since she's wet, it can chill her a little bit. She's probably almost done. You want her to be warm + dry before the lights go out. If you can, keep her tank a little warmer tonight....at least 75, or possibly a few degrees higher.

Faenaria

Original Poster
My reptile room stays between 75-80 at night. Just the residual heat from the daytime I think, but it stays toasty in here. 19 eggs now and she appears to be burying them again.

Faenaria

Original Poster
is it true that she is going to lay another clutch in two weeks? I don't know if I could handle the stress all over again.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not necessarily....it depends. She may have laid clutches before you got her, or this may be her first and only , but usually there are 2-5 [ and more, but probably not with her condition ] and they usually are spaced out by 3 weeks....but 2 weeks is possible, just not definite.

Faenaria

Original Poster
So it looks like 19 eggs, 8 duds and 11 good. Not sure what to do with the good ones, have stashed them in my toasty warm laundry room.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There are instructions in the breeding forum at the top of the page. I would only be repeating them, so have a look, it's all written there. If you don't have vermiculite for incubating, just use what she layed them in. If you don't want to incubate them,[ I have a feeling that you want to ] you can throw them out , if it's cold out they will perish, if it's not cold where you live, just put them in a double plastic bag with ice cubes, they will not survive that either.

Faenaria

Original Poster
I just feel like a horrible person if I kill off little baby beardies. Or potential babies

Faenaria

Original Poster
The only thing that's got me second guessing is that I can't stand the idea of bringing more baby beardies into the world when I have proof right here in my house that there are lots of unwanted adults who need homes because they stopped being "cute"

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do what you think is best. There is no developed animal yet in the egg of course that can feel, think or do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom