Traveling with Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I really want to go home for a few days with my kids but I don't have anyone to look after the boys (beardies). Sooo was thinking about taking them with me. Has anyone done this? How did you house them? I definitely can't take their tanks but could take some large plastic totes for them - like 30 gallon or so. Can they just have their heat lamps for like 3 days? Will that impact their UVB needs too much? Thoughts??

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We have traveled with our beardies. Redrock we took camping (it was warm enough) and the only uvb she had was real sun. We havn't tried camping with our new girls but they are still small and I don't want to try a long term camping trip with them. I think a few days without uvb wouldn't kill them.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
When I got them my kids dad lived a mile down the street and he could come and take care of them. Now he's 30 miles away so I really don't have anyone to watch them. I think they would be fine. They both are sooooo laid back and would enjoy the ride.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
They will be fine for three days without any uvb. Take it from someone who's gone through a few hurricane's with a bd. I don't know where you live or where you're going, but if the sun is out,take your bd hammock(if you have one) and suction it to your car window. Of course it needs to be a slanted window so it would have to be front or rear window. Let your little darlings bask in the sun while you travel.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I unfortunately live in the south that is having a really cold cold cold season right now. Toooo cold! Luckily it would only be 3 hours in the car. I was just concerned about the other end of the visit. I could take their heat lamps easily with their favorite basking toys/spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom