Totally cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

AO111

Hatchling Member
I was at the pet store today getting crickets for Sammy and I went to visit the baby beardies they have. One was right up in front looking out of the viv and when it saw me it started waving it's arms. I melted right there it was sooooooo cute. I want to get playmate for Sammy big time but can't afford it right now. Maybe someday though. :D

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Depending on Sammy's size you would be getting him a competitor, or a snack. Dragons don't need or want friends you're the only play mate they need.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lacy_black":10gtbdez said:
Depending on Sammy's size you would be getting him a competitor, or a snack. Dragons don't need or want friends you're the only play mate they need.

Well I'd let a baby get bigger before putting it in her viv and Sammy is a girly.

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
You should never house dragons together, they are meant to be solitary animals. Unless you are breeding them and only have a boy in their to mate with Sammy and then take him out.

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
I agree I wouldn't place them together that's how you lose toes tails and lives there. Are cases of them living together peacefully but only in MONSTEROUS viva and I still wouldn't do it I worked at a vet clinic in high school and saw numerous beardies that died or racked up a high bill bc they were housed together I know my stubble gets along with my dog but he's even been mean to her lol

Well I just read this post and I must chime in here with my two cents...I guess the guy at the pet store had it all wrong when he told me and My Wife that if we got two beardies at the same time, meaning when they were very little that we could house them together. I guess that's not the case. It's good to know because I wouldn't want to get two of them just for the sake of getting two and then having disaster strike. It makes you think...

Jones

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I must agree with everyone else not a good idea.

Don't feel bad we have all gotten bad info from pet stores before they are notorious for that. :banghead:
It's bad enough that they just give the false impression that it's okay because they have so many housed together for everyone to see. I fell for it in the beginning too, but soon learned that they really are solitary and territorial creatures because as soon as each were in their own viv the change in personality, activity levels, appetite...etc...so improved. :shock: I didn't see it then(when they were together)but I sure seen the difference separating everyone. :wink:

However beardies are like Pringles and most of us can't have just one...there's nothing wrong with getting another set up and having another. :wink: Baby beardies are so irresistable aren't they? :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom