Toruk Spazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
So Toruk spazzed out again tonight and I massaged him until he got out of it...we have been feeding him a ton of calcium. I (girlfriend) still don't think that the lights contribute to him spazing because it would effect Krayt as well. Since we have Zilla light fixtures and people want us to get the reptisun 10.0 will those lights fit into the Zilla fixture? We are on a tight income right now and if they fit I would rather keep the fixture then continue spending money like it comes off tree's...

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Measure the bulb in the fixture then see if there is a Reptisun 10.0 of the same size.

When I first got Des I had a Zilla UV florescent tube. He wasn't eating well at all. I was suggested to change out the UV source, it was the first and pretty much the only thing that was told to me. I changed it the same day and not but, 20 minutes later Des was perked up and eating. I contribute his not eating and anything else he was experiencing at this time to the Zilla UV being faulty or not giving enough UV. Some of these bulb may be fine, there are some people who have used them and not had an issue at all but, on the other hand the same style, model of bulb may have faulty or quality issues from one to the next. Maybe it just isn't right for the dragon as an individual as well.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you give a better definition of a ton of calcium? Too much can be just as bad too.

-Brandon

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
RepCal with calcium vitamin D3. We mixed calcium with baby squash food and fed it to him and today he ate reptiworms and he was doing much better then he was...spazing two days ago. But tonight he had another seizure again and he didn't eat as much today as I thought he would. I assumed he was perked up and running around the tank and slept on his normal perch he was doing fine, but not so much.

As for the light, we went to look at it and it broke and I guess it had gunk in the plug side effecting the connectors. We can check our local breeder to see if the reptisun 10.0 will fit the fixture. Maybe it will help...but dontcha think it would effect Krayt? Well Krayt doesn't really eat as much as he should and he is still MUCH smaller then Toruk...ugh so frustrating...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It COULD be affecting Krayt. Just because a Beardie doesn't show signs of distress or sickness, doesn't mean their isn't something wrong. Beardies are notorious for being able to hide when they are sick or in pain.

-Brandon

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess that is possible since he is SMALLER then he should be! He is tiny! he hasn't had a full body shed since we got him...And his feeding habits are out of wacked just like Toruk is right now...Toruk seems fine he is running around the tank...once in awhile he has a seizure...I feel so helpless when he does it...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Best thing you can do now is to get the new uvb, and to go to the vet to get bloodwork done. the vet will most likely prescribe a liquid calcium.

-Brandon

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
a vet trip? If they had reptile pet insurance it would make going to vet easier...vet trip for them...not exactly cheap...did it for my two tortoises...OUCH!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Wish there was a herpetologist present on the forums, would make some issues easier but, they have to get paid all the same.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe someone will start one some day, who knows :mrgreen: .................

(don't take that idea please, thats plan G if my other plans don't work out for me :mrgreen: :lol: )

-Brandon

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
our breeder is a herpetologist..Kurt is going to the breeder to check out the lights and to talk to the breeders tonight to see what they suggest...I just feel helpless. I don't want my babies to be in pain! However, Toruks tail does turn black when he had his seizures

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Krayt":3puc260o said:
our breeder is a herpetologist..Kurt is going to the breeder to check out the lights and to talk to the breeders tonight to see what they suggest...I just feel helpless. I don't want my babies to be in pain! However, Toruks tail does turn black when he had his seizures

Well just remember, most people on this site who will give you advice are breeders or have had experience with dragons for a long time. And sometimes people on here who don't breed are even more knowledgeable than breeders. Just trying to say to not put much trust into the title "breeder".

Plus, our advice is unbiased as we are not trying to sell you something or keep you coming back for more.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom