Toothless the "Day Fury"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty. :) This thread is for me to tell my beardie's story and post all about his adorableness. Even though I just registered today, I shall start at the beginning. This thread should have alot of pictures- so be warned- you may not be able to take the pure ferocious cuteness.

The Beginning!
We bought Toothless from Repticon in Raleigh on May 5th. He came from the same breeding company that our first came from (Carolina Designer Dragons) because we know she is an amzing breeder! He was about 8 weeks old when we got him.

His parents are Prada x Etro from FairyTail Dragons. (not sure how CDD got some of their babies XD)
This is his dad, Etro. He is a Hypo Leatherback X English Belgium Hypo 18" long, 423 grams and still growing!! and This is his momma, Prada. She is 354 grams, 18 1/2" long and 100% Marketed Leucistic.

Now on to my little cutie. This is him in the salebin. He's the one facing us. We knew right away he was the one.

This is him on the way home. He was so friendly and curious- not a single stress mark!
530149_3825269161375_149561713_n.jpg

This is his very first experience in his Viv. :3 He seemed to like it (He loves it now)
557780_3825344283253_1012850640_n.jpg

First bath (May 6th)
545846_3833070956415_1857102089_n.jpg

He's growing! (June 12th or so)
533181_3843488096837_1065962545_n.jpg

But still tiny. He's a snuggler when he isn't zooming!
599483_4185177678863_2011531664_n.jpg

Growing more
166074_4185201879468_85464217_n.jpg

July 6th. :) It's been 2 months since I got him, and he has shot up in size! Went from 25g or so to 158g!
555738_4185368763640_40264695_n.jpg

Today, I coddled him with loooooove. Here is a shot to show just how much he's grown.
314023_4220335757793_585952346_n.jpg

Thats it for now, but more pics WILL come. :D I hope you all enjoy these! <3

Crisandre

I see that your Nightfury is furiously growing.:) Toothless is a gorgeous big boy. He's so bright and colourful. He is so lucky to have a mom like you. :)

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Crisandre":102xwcc3 said:
I see that your Nightfury is furiously growing.:) Toothless is a gorgeous big boy. He's so bright and colourful. He is so lucky to have a mom like you. :)

Thank you so very much! I try my very best, and I must say I spoil him! He's got my wrapped around his scaly fingers! :roll: I'm not quite sure when he will stop growing, since he already so big so young. I've never seen any above 26 inches though. O.O Glad we built him a 125 gallon!

Toothless says thank you as well! He is on my shoulder now sleeping away.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Toothless is an amazing little guy. I just read your whole thread and he is beauitful and so big! I hope Elyott gets to 24 inches but i am not sire if he will. He's 9weeks on sunday and 7 3/8th" and 20g still so small. And i know what you mean with the parents. But with my its just my dad, and my grandma. They think its stupid how much time and money i spend on my reptiles. And to my dad he's one of those "disposible" pets. All my reptiles are coming with me. I already have an apartment ready for me when i graduate in the spring. And no one is being left behide.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh my goodness! I always feel so flattered when someone reads my whole thread! Even if it's just 12 pages right now, and not 160 like some on here! :)

My brother and I have agreed (since he is Both of ours) that he will stay at home until I graduate in 4 years. I will be home every summer from april to sept, and mid november to January. Then it can go two ways.

One (most likely)- he will stay at the house for 2 more years, until my brother goes to college. Then Toothless and his whole setup will move in with me for the remainder of his scaley life. :)

Two- after I graduate Toothless moves in with me as soon as I find an apartment after graduation. I probably wouldn't do this though, because my brother would really miss Mr. Scaleybum. And as my brother gets older, he should get more responsible with him as well.

It's all gonna work out. (I will also see if I can't get Josh to make an account on this site, so he can tell you all himself. That way YOU can get on him too!!! :wink: )

jings55

Hatchling Member
I feel for you as no one in my family wants to or enjoys taking care of Stryker! :x
The now 10 yr old I bought him for won't hardly do a thing, except hold him. She wants to get paid for taking care of him. I don't think so! The 12 year old helps me alot-but with alot of complaining. "He's not Mine" "I don't like him" "Eww, he bit me (again)!" :evil: :whip: :help:

As far as roomates and friends go-do what I did: I put a lock on the cage so the 10 year old wouldn't mishandle him or fall asleep and let him wander as she did before!

For all intents and purposes, Stryker is mine. :p I'm trying to decide if I should move him out of the relatively quiet and solitary bedroom into our living room to be part of the family-but then he's have to contend with all the cats jumping on the cage and the dogs continuous barking. I don't know if he could take the stress. :?

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Catching up on the goings on of Toothless! So glad he is doing so well. Sorry about your stresses in trying to care for him. I wish you the best on that. Everyone is good here. I will try to be on the boards a little more often. Hoping life will quiet down soon. It has been a crazy couple of months around here.

Toothless' little sister (and I mean little - half his size) says hello! :wink: Everyone take care.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I heard about the hurricane you guys are expecting- hopefully it wont be too bad for you! We will probably get some rain and such as well. I was out all day yesterday and today and he was fed, which gives me some hope. :D

I am snuggling with him now, and he is so warm! :3

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A little picture update before I go to bed. Not too much is going on that I havn't posted. I feel that I've been posting alot of negative things here, but there have been adorable moments too. Nightly warm dragon snuggles and noms for one.

Here are some pics I took, not too many. I got my hair done though! Nice and colorful for art college.
Foot salad.
tumblr_m9eiaqKYHc1rbpn7mo1_500.jpg

Snuggled up and sleeping. I love his fat little arms.
tumblr_m9eif3ITAx1rbpn7mo1_500.jpg

And just cuddling with mama
tumblr_m9eif3ITAx1rbpn7mo2_500.jpg

tumblr_m9eif3ITAx1rbpn7mo3_500.jpg

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
You could take him to college.... if he sits still enough, you might be able to pass him off as an extraordinarily realistic sculpture! :lol:
I love your hair! Very pretty.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SpitFyre":29xt2q3e said:
You could take him to college.... if he sits still enough, you might be able to pass him off as an extraordinarily realistic sculpture! :lol:
I love your hair! Very pretty.

Hahaha! I can see that.

Professor: Jaime, did your statue just eat a cricket?
Me: No.
Toothless: Nom nom nom

NeosMom

Juvie Member
My dad doesn't know it yet, but Neo will be taking Crystal to college with him. You see... my plan is for him to attend the polytech school that is close to Dad's house and convince them to let Neo live in my brother's old room (I hope he's moved out by then). He can take Crystal and keep her there.

I like your hair, too. I used to keep a blue streak in my own, but it got to be too much trouble since I have dark hair. Bleach the one streak, touch up the blue, then manage to keep the rest colored without messing up that streak. Got sick of the work after a couple years.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lucky duck! :) He will be the most popular boy on campus with that suave scaly dude!

I love keeping color in my hair, but I have to be careful with blues (Blonde+Blue= green) I've never tried reds before- this is the first time!

And while I'm here, UPDATE! I got Toothless to tolerate his harness outside! He was out for a full 30 minutes, and did NOT want to come back in!!! He scratched me up! He even pooped in the grass outside, which was nice for me XD I will upload some pics later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom